Does anyone have a cure for being lovesick??

Have you spoken to him about this? Is he single/available? What is stopping you from getting together? Sorry, I know that seems really nosy but I'm asking if it's an infatuation where something could happen, or whether it's definitely a one way thing/no go area etc.

My advice is to stop looking at him and start looking at others. You'll soon see someone else who hits your buttons, then hey presto! you're cured ;)

If only! :|

It takes time to get over someone or something.

This song tells you all you need to know about love, the highs and the crushing lows :D

Thanks for all your advice, you have raised some very good points. Its not infatuation,

Edited by doodles100

I'm thinking...and you probably won't believe me.....I wouldn't have either a while ago...but he's actually not that perfect and could be enjoying having someone obsessed with him and available to him to fulfill the bits in his life that are missing without him having to do anything at all.

I think he is being unfair to you actually. If he intends nothing to happen then the "banter" etc should stop. He should break your heart and allow you to heal. You would eventually.

However it is very hard to let go of someone if they keep pulling you back when you're nearly free of them.

Take a holiday somewhere fabulous. Stay out of touch with him completely. Indulge yourself with others a little.

If he feels the same way as you and has a partner and respects that relationship, then be prepared one day to find you have no job. He's your boss, he's in the driving seat....you persist and your going to get your fingers burnt.

Sorry doodles but you seem very immature to the workings of the world....I once had these feelings when I was about 11, I think they called it puppy love.

Yeah he knows the way I feel, and he feels the same but it cant happen. Its a complicated situation. (He has a partner) He will not cheat, and I dont want him to. Its not going to happen and I have to deal with that. Just cant seem to shift the feelings!!!!! So that is what I need to try to do now. Move on a forget him but how the bloody hell do I do it when hes there in my head!!!!!!!

sounds like a school girl crush to me. If he wanted you that much then BELEIVE ME he'd leave his current partner and be with you !

Find yourself someone who genuinely really really wants to be with you......

EDIT :- also nobody is perfect !!

How about kidnapping him, tying him up in your shed and conducting a series of bizarre experiments to clone him using his DNA?

Once successful you can send the clone off to his partner and have the other version of him to yourself!

I find it hopeless, ive tried everything. I love this man so much!!!!!!!!! I know its corny but in my mind hes perfect, even farting and burping!!!!

have you slept with him? Surely he doesn't fart/burp whilst at work :suspect:

He's playing you doodles. You gotta wake up and smell the coffee. He loves your adoration and that of his missus too. Bottom line is that he must prefer her or he'd be with you. Sorry to tell it like it is but you need to ditch that zero and find yourself a hero. Look for another job, it's the only way

have you slept with him? Surely he doesn't fart/burp whilst at work :suspect:

Nothing phsyical has happend at all, he does not fart and burp at work either

If he feels the same way as you and has a partner and respects that relationship, then be prepared one day to find you have no job. He's your boss, he's in the driving seat....you persist and your going to get your fingers burnt.

Sorry doodles but you seem very immature to the workings of the world....I once had these feelings when I was about 11, I think they called it puppy love.

I understand what everyone is saying, and you are all right. I have thought about all these things myself. I am not immature to the ways of the world or the way I view my feelings. I just want rid of these feelings, im not asking how to be with this man or ways to make him leave his partner, Im wanting ways to get over him and move on. Ive been played enough times in my life to know what that feels like, and this is different. Its a very difficult situation.