SHEFFIELD SHAMBLERS WALKING GROUP - All you need to know about us!

No... well sort of... born on the 'cliffe so not far from brightside. Does that still qualify me as a tough nut? Bright side reference is re 'always look on the...' What can I say - am rubbish at picking nicknames. Its a girl thing - boys always had nicknames at school as I recall. Am in Halfway now - which has its own challenges :D

Agree if you're talking the miles disappear somehow. Will dig out my boots and see you there. If I have to have a fortnight off work I'll blame you lot.

Great decision! It'll be nice and steady this one, I promise!

Hi folks,,, hope to get on a walk ,, mebe u can send me details how to join ????

Cheers dave

Hi folks,,, hope to get on a walk ,, mebe u can send me details how to join ????

Cheers dave

You don't have to "join" as such, just post that you are coming on any of the threads for the walks advertised in here, and then just turn up!

I'd like to get involved with you guys if I could, have you got your December walks organised yet cos I dont think I can manage this Sunday.

Would be good if someone can let me know.

Cheers

I'd like to get involved with you guys if I could, have you got your December walks organised yet cos I dont think I can manage this Sunday.

Cheers

The diary for December will hopefully be discussed and arranged at the meeting tonight and will then be posted in the next few days.

Cheers

Don't forget, there's still another walk this month after the one this Sunday. We're down to do Roche Abbey Sunday 28th.

hi, i am new in sheffield, uk, and this forum.

I will be in this city for 2 months and will be happy to join walking groups and see places around sheffield. could i join the walks or i need to do any special thing before that?

i have experience in walking up to 20 km a day and hope to be a good walker.

I will be in this city for 2 months and will be happy to join walking groups and see places around sheffield. could i join the walks or i need to do any special thing before that?

Hi Sana and welcome, all you have to do is post on a walk that you fancy so we know to expect you, we're a great bunch and will make you feel welcome.

Hi Sana

Nice to hear from you. There is more information about our group at the start of this thread. We are having a walk this Sunday ( Porter Brook - see posting) and you are very welcome. Our new members person will email you directly with some information. Basically we are very sociable and welcome you to come along. Take care.

Hi, 20k a day. Wow, you'll leave this lot eating your dust :) Seriously, come along on one of the walks and enjoy the sites.

AO.

Tanx, for all nice welcomes. hope to meet you on sunday.

Tanx, for all nice welcomes. hope to meet you on sunday.

Sana, just to point you in the right section, post in the relevant thread for the walk you intend going on, there is also a short walk this friday if you want a bit of history as told by Hemlock (the old wise one)