X86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3

Hi all

I am trying to fiond out what on earth a "x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3" processor is? For my job we have to ensure that GP's PC's ar eup to scratch and we have enountered a few PCs who report the CPU as above, and we are not sure whether or not it meets the minimum spec requirment for CPU's as it does not tell us the speed?

Can Anyone help?

In English I think it means Pentium 3 upwards, it that's the minimum requirements...

It's probably around 600-800Mhz, if you want specifics download a copy of Sisoft Sandra or something...

Here you go Sunshine:

Processor Identification Utilities and Guides

The link will take you to Intel's support website where you can download utilities to check exactly what CPU you have, including Type, Family, Model, Stepping and Revision.

I'm currently typing this on an Intel Pentium 3 desktop which is also recognised as Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3.

Geniune intel:

X86 instruction set

Family 6 : Pentium 3

Model 8 : These cores run from 600 to 1000 MHz

Stepping 3: I think is either 700 or 800 MHz

I ran into this same thing trying to document some servers. Belarc is a profiler you may want to try. http://www.belarc.com. Tried to shortcut with a google search but belarc is much better and will give you pretty much everything you'd need to know about any PC or server.

Although Windows was showing the model and stepping, belarc showed dual 667 Mhz.

Hope this helps

Hi all

I am trying to fiond out what on earth a "x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3" processor is? For my job we have to ensure that GP's PC's ar eup to scratch and we have enountered a few PCs who report the CPU as above, and we are not sure whether or not it meets the minimum spec requirment for CPU's as it does not tell us the speed?

Can Anyone help?

Try Intel Processor Frequency ID utility

It might be a P3 500m