Cigarette lighter Mercedes SLK. Where is it?

I bought a Mercedes SLK about a month ago. I went to plug in my mobile phone charger, and can't find the cigarette lighter.

The car's manual is no help. It shows the thing on the centre dash near the gear lever, but it isn't there.

Car is just 3 years old. Does anyone have any ideas?

I bought a Mercedes SLK about a month ago. I went to plug in my mobile phone charger, and can't find the cigarette lighter.

The car's manual is no help. It shows the thing on the centre dash near the gear lever, but it isn't there.

Car is just 3 years old. Does anyone have any ideas?

It isn't a standard fitment. You get a pop out stroage container instead and there is a pug for your mobile in the passenger footwell just beneath the glove box. It has a hinged lid. Press it in and it opens. Just be aware that your phone only charges whilst the ignition is switched on.

Hope this helps.

Nice one CGK :hihi::hihi:

Who pays over £30 large for a motor that hasnt got a ciggy lighter ?? Answers on a postcard to SHY TOT ... :D

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know a non smoker who paid £16,500 for a car that can do 155 mph, and has built in Blue tooth for the phone that he can now charge.

Thanks Liz.

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know a non smoker who paid £16,500 for a car that can do 155 mph, and has built in Blue tooth for the phone that he can now charge.

Thanks Liz.

£16,500 for a phone charger ?? An they call me nuts :hihi::hihi: Get a wind up phone charger and chuck yerself over a cliff, I'm sure terminal velocity is over 155mph ;):hihi::hihi:

Nice one CGK :hihi::hihi:

Who pays over £30 large for a motor that hasnt got a ciggy lighter ?? Answers on a postcard to SHY TOT ... :D

Should have a cigar lighter,no one smokes ciggies anymore.

£2000 extra.

£16,500 for a phone charger ?? An they call me nuts :hihi::hihi: Get a wind up phone charger and chuck yerself over a cliff, I'm sure terminal velocity is over 155mph ;):hihi::hihi:

High roller resident car expert................NOT

Should have a cigar lighter,no one smokes ciggies anymore.

£2000 extra.

£24 off ebay ;) Try googling slk cigar lighter :hihi::hihi: r u gutted now :hihi::hihi:

Pah, Cigarette lighters....

My Mercedes came with a little servant chap called Jives who lives in the centre console and he will light sir's cigar upon request.

The moment he fails to do so, he will be beaten to within an inch of his life until he does light sir's cigar again.

He also doubles up as a secretary and takes sir's calls negating the need for a bluetooth device which i understand are this seasons 'must have' for all BMW drivers.

Pah, Cigarette lighters....

My Mercedes came with a little servant chap called Jives who lives in the centre console and he will light sir's cigar upon request.

The moment he fails to do so, he will be beaten to within an inch of his life until he does light sir's cigar again.

He also doubles up as a secretary and takes sir's calls negating the need for a bluetooth device which i understand are this seasons 'must have' for all BMW drivers.

Not only me that finds this funny then ;):hihi::hihi: