I thought it was called Yuppie Flu?

It's going to take some dealing with but it looks like I'm just going to have to; you guys have given me a chance to air it and 'spit out mi dummy' a bit! I'll have words with my tutor and re-visit the Doctors for a referral and some more accurate advice. I'm in the middle of re-sits at the moment and it's absolutely wiping me out!!

It's good to talk (or type)!

And joining those websites so you can chat to fellow sufferers will definitely help you to cope. It's great to be able to share things with people who don't jump up and down and judge you.

I don't know how far you are into your course, but if you really, really want to continue your studies, have you thought about switching to part-time, and/or doing the rest of your degree through distance-learning (the O-U for example?)

I really enjoy the social aspect of the course and I'm just finishing my first year but like I said, I've failed! LOL! I think I'll defer if anything to give me something to get better for :)

It's good to talk (or type)!

And joining those websites so you can chat to fellow sufferers will definitely help you to cope. It's great to be able to share things with people who don't jump up and down and judge you.

I couldn't agree more Dozy. I'm not really a talk about problems kinda girl usually but this one knocked me for six!

I'd definitely have a good chat with your tutor, and see if you can take some time off without jeopardising the degree- maybe consider a year or more out? After all, your body is trying to fight an illness, and if you give it extra work on top of that it won't be able to do either effectively.

Please try not to feel bad about it, I've just had 15 months off work (am still off now), plus had to postpone so, so many great plans! But I couldn't have carried on without making myself even worse, I was barely hanging on by my fingernails as it was. Your health is the most important thing, everything else can wait. What good is a degree if you're too exhausted and brain-foggy to make use of it? ;)

ETA: This is a good ME/ CFS site- it explains everything succinctly. http://mehelpinfo.users.btopenworld.com/page3.html

Edited by arachnophobe

Thanks guys. I told my family and some friends last night and everyone pretty much agreed with you lot. Suppose I'd better get on with it!