Ranskill road tinsley

My nans family all lived on ranskill road they were call the rotchell family,my nan was related to the buffeys who i think are sadly not with us now at least i know thelma who was my nans cousing died about 6 years ago,aparently living on ranskill road where the best times of her life.

dont think ranskill road i there anymore correct me if im wrong?

hi there my gran lived on ferrars rd she had a mrs buffy live next door what was the corner shop called on norborough rd just past the coop where you would go and get bacon cut just how you wanted it l was a very young kid and thought the chap who worked ther looked like a film star my first crush my gran was called ivy lewis she was maskery my dad was called fred we lived on highgate my gran when called lewis kept pigs in her garden ww2 time males in family was pitmen also

maybe of interest to readers of this thread, my uncle has written a book on the history of Tinsley, it is called 'The Tinsley Cronicle' by Stephen Johnson.

only just come accross this thread. would be interested to hear from anyone who remembers my family.my grandparents,annie and jack mather. my father bill {william} and his sister nellie.also my aunt and uncle who ran the shop frank and louis maskery,their son jeffrey and i think a daughter but don't recall her name.

maybe of interest to readers of this thread, my uncle has written a book on the history of Tinsley, it is called 'The Tinsley Cronicle' by Stephen Johnson.

does the book include tinsley park, as it was a totally different place to tinsley.

Hi Memoryman, i was born at 61 Ranskill road, the Crappers are my moms side my mum is Olive crapper her mother my gram was Olive Crapper, my moms brother is David crapper he was big mates with Len Badger the footballer years ago , len Badger lived in the next yard. i moved from Ranskill Road in 1960 compulsery purchase order thing for demolision

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 21:30 ----------

Also remember David Harpam live accross the road

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 19:06 ----------

does anyone remeber Karen and Rita Newton, they live next door to me then there was a big gap then the co-op...their mum was burnice and dad was frank Karen and Rita would have been about 10 and 8 years old, lost all trace of them, would love to see them again

Edited by Stewpot1

just wondered if anybody out there can remember my father william walter wistow who lived at 40 ranskill road till he got married in 1934,his mother and father herbert and amy wistow lived there till there deaths in 1945 and 1948 they had few children but not sure how many and i think they may have adopted??? a child called jack or john curtis who my dad called john willie egg cup.

Hi my dad was adopted by Walter Wistow . His name was Jack Curtis, and he is my father, sadly he passed away, but would love to find out all of the history. He married my mom Doris Curtis. I would really like to tell you Walt Wistow lived @ Stannington, and was a great guy, and his wife Lelia was an aunt to me. He did have 2 children Joyce and Bill, and sadly we have lost contact with them. I do hope you will contact me, so I can furbish many happy details with you. I live in Canada now, and was shocked to find this. I was just looking @ Ranskill Road Tinsley where they lived please contact me on my e-mail address asap to discuss

Chris (nee Curtis)

Hi kelowna - welcome to the Forum!.:).I have sent you a Private Message re Bill Wistow.

I remember john curtis he lived across road from me in Ranskill Road, use to go to Philimore road school, then we all moved he went to coleridge road i went to woodbourn road school, i have only seen him two or three times since the 60s

Hi Blu n wite

I can remember your dad I knew him as my Uncle Walt and the Jack Curtis you mention was my grandad, John William Curtis. According to granddad, after the accidental death of his mother, Walt's mother took both my granddad and his younger brother Henry in and looked after them. He always referred to Walt as his brother (they really were very close) and Mrs Wistow as being like his mother. Jack married Doris Swift 31/12/1932 and your dad was best man at their wedding. I understand granddad was best man at your mum and dad's wedding. I remember your mum and dad with such affection and they were without doubt, my granddad and Nan's best friends. Sadly granddad died in 1996 and nan followed him in 2001. I'm currently researching the family tree, and searching for Ranskill Road led me to your post. I knew granddad was sometimes referred to as Sonny Curtis, but John Willie Egg Cup is certainly a new one to me. Just wish he was still around so I could see his face when I called him that. Thanks for making me smile. xXx

---------- Post added 01-01-2014 at 23:51 ----------

I remember john curtis he lived across road from me in Ranskill Road, use to go to Philimore road school, then we all moved he went to coleridge road i went to woodbourn road school, i have only seen him two or three times since the 60s

Hi Stewpot1

I would love to hear any anecdotes you might have about John (Jack) Curtis. He was my maternal grandfather and I'm currently researching and writing our family tree. It would be lovely to put some quotes in from someone who actually knew him when he was young.

Hi Memoryman, i was born at 61 Ranskill road, the Crappers are my moms side my mum is Olive crapper her mother my gram was Olive Crapper, my moms brother is David crapper he was big mates with Len Badger the footballer years ago , len Badger lived in the next yard. i moved from Ranskill Road in 1960 compulsery purchase order thing for demolision

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 21:30 ----------

Also remember David Harpam live accross the road

---------- Post added 15-02-2013 at 19:06 ----------

does anyone remeber Karen and Rita Newton, they live next door to me then there was a big gap then the co-op...their mum was burnice and dad was frank Karen and Rita would have been about 10 and 8 years old, lost all trace of them, would love to see them again

Hi we were big mates Dave Len and me Roger . As if he remembers going for a ride on Lens new bike and what he said when he came back in to Lens house not knowing Lens mother had come in while was on the bike

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 14:50 ----------

Hi Blu n wite

I can remember your dad I knew him as my Uncle Walt and the Jack Curtis you mention was my grandad, John William Curtis. According to granddad, after the accidental death of his mother, Walt's mother took both my granddad and his younger brother Henry in and looked after them. He always referred to Walt as his brother (they really were very close) and Mrs Wistow as being like his mother. Jack married Doris Swift 31/12/1932 and your dad was best man at their wedding. I understand granddad was best man at your mum and dad's wedding. I remember your mum and dad with such affection and they were without doubt, my granddad and Nan's best friends. Sadly granddad died in 1996 and nan followed him in 2001. I'm currently researching the family tree, and searching for Ranskill Road led me to your post. I knew granddad was sometimes referred to as Sonny Curtis, but John Willie Egg Cup is certainly a new one to me. Just wish he was still around so I could see his face when I called him that. Thanks for making me smile. xXx

Hi Stewpot1

I would love to hear any anecdotes you might have about John (Jack) Curtis. He was my maternal grandfather and I'm currently researching and writing our family tree. It would be lovely to put some quotes in from someone who actually knew him when he was young.

Hi I was mate's with Curtis family Dave was my best mate he's still alive at 71 still see him if you want I could ask him to get in touch with you his father was Henry was was known as Tich as he was small

---------- Post added 18-01-2014 at 22:02 ----------

Hi Blu n wite

Hi Stewpot1

Hi could help you with your family tree Sue I have known the Curtis all my life and still see Dave Curtis his father was called Henry but everyone knew him as Tichborne because of his size

yO

?

Edited by rsol

Can anyone remember a family called gregory or white