Is Sheffield property market moving again?

There are variations for different areas, but I suspect that if you look at the prices of the housing in the area you're interested in over the past 18 months, it will have fallen just like everywhere else.

I agree. I'm just saying I don't think they have fallen by 15%. Our house hasn't dropped that much and the one next door but one recently sold and completed for a similar amount. We are struggling to even get offers considered (on more expenisve houses) which are between 10 and 15% off what we believe is the max the house could have been worth. And unfortunately the estate agents don't appear to be lying for once as the SOLD boards are going up.

We could if we wanted just sell ours and rent and then buy again if prices drop even more but we feel that's a bigger risk for us to take than to buy now and prices drop more. At least we'll have a house and be happy. If we wait we might end up unable to afford to buy again.

It has taken us a long time to sell our house but in the time we have been looking every house we have been interested in has sold (In S8 area). We are fussy and houses we tend to like so do other people. There are houses that have been for sale for ages but for us it wouldn't matter how low they were reduced we wouldn't want to buy them. I very much doubt that houses in the areas of S8 we are looking in have come down by even 15%. The lower end (like our house) seems to have come down more but still under 15%. Yes many houses don't sell but houses that tick all the boxes do.

I don't doubt your personal experience I just meant that you (as in everybody going for a property) don't have to pay more to get a house, at least not when the crash resumes anyway.

The LR figures for July were released today and they show a national rise of 1.7% and a Sheffield rise of 1.4%. It was largely expected as a whole nationally but I was hoping that Sheffield would be exempt from the rises (some places were) for this month. Here's the link anyway - http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/

I don't doubt your personal experience I just meant that you (as in everybody going for a property) don't have to pay more to get a house, at least not when the crash resumes anyway.

just keep ignoring the facts dimitri, keep ignoring the facts.

just keep ignoring the facts dimitri, keep ignoring the facts.

Pot and kettle come to mind Saxo.......you were denying prices were falling for about 8 months in a row despite the LR saying otherwise. I'm not denying anything anyway, just reading the situation differently to you.

Pot and kettle come to mind Saxo.......you were denying prices were falling for about 8 months in a row despite the LR saying otherwise. I'm not denying anything anyway, just reading the situation differently to you.

please show me where I was saying that?

what I posted was "real time" and has again been proven correct by your beloved LR figures.

I have never said prices haven`t fallen BUT I will go on record as saying YOUR 20-30% from peak is wrong.

please show me where I was saying that?

what I posted was "real time" and has again been proven correct by your beloved LR figures.

I have never said prices haven`t fallen BUT I will go on record as saying YOUR 20-30% from peak is wrong.

Real time? How long does it take for the average home sale to be completed? I don't think it's 7-8 months from the price being agreed which is what it would need to be for your 'real time' to be correct......you were posting that prices were rising in October '08. The LR figures didn't show a rise until the report that showed sales completed in June '09! Your 'real time' theory is just a get out clause because you knew prices were falling and had no legitimate reason to explain it away. You've got lucky with the current rises (bull trap) but when prices start falling again you will be back to your 'real time' argument.

Prices did fall in Sheffield by nearly 20% and they weren't MY figures, they were the figures from the LR (minus repos of course:)). My estimate was for falls of about 30% from peak by the end of the year but clearly this is now going to be wrong. However I still reckon we will be looking at falls of 40-50% by the end of the crash, maybe even more than that.

Real time? How long does it take for the average home sale to be completed? I don't think it's 7-8 months from the price being agreed which is what it would need to be for your 'real time' to be correct......you were posting that prices were rising in October '08. The LR figures didn't show a rise until the report that showed sales completed in June '09! Your 'real time' theory is just a get out clause because you knew prices were falling and had no legitimate reason to explain it away. You've got lucky with the current rises (bull trap) but when prices start falling again you will be back to your 'real time' argument.

Prices did fall in Sheffield by nearly 20% and they weren't MY figures, they were the figures from the LR (minus repos of course:)). My estimate was for falls of about 30% from peak by the end of the year but clearly this is now going to be wrong. However I still reckon we will be looking at falls of 40-50% by the end of the crash, maybe even more than that.

once again - show me where i said prices were rising last oct. what i said was MY PRICE ISNT GOING TO BE GOING ANY LOWER and it didnt and the house sold in April for LESS THAN 5 (FIVE) PERCENT BELOW MARKET HIGH.

the house I BOUGHT WAS 10 (TEN) PERCENT BELOW MARKET HIGH AND THAT PRICE IS NOW BEEN ACHIEVED BY THE SMALLER PROPERTIES ON THE SAME SIDE OF THE ROAD.

it doesnt matter how often you click your heels and say "prices will drop EVEN further" ..........your not going back to kansas.

once again - show me where i said prices were rising last oct

What I said was 'you were denying prices were falling' and since you insist here's a post of yours from October '08:

were stagnant now - the prices arent falling and the sales arnt been closed, what do YOU think the first thing everyone is going to want to do when they realise the world hasnt ended is?

Your 'real time' in October '08 would have meant that these sales showed up in the LR figures for Jan/Feb/March '09 and did prices fall, on average, in those months? Yep, they sure did.

it doesnt matter how often you click your heels and say "prices will drop EVEN further" ..........your not going back to kansas.

I've stopped wearing heels as my back was playing up but it will take more than that to stop prices going to back to their long term average of 3-3.5x average wage.

What I said was 'you were denying prices were falling' and since you insist here's a post of yours from October '08:

Your 'real time' in October '08 would have meant that these sales showed up in the LR figures for Jan/Feb/March '09 and did prices fall, on average, in those months? Yep, they sure did.

I've stopped wearing heels as my back was playing up but it will take more than that to stop prices going to back to their long term average of 3-3.5x average wage.

as I said then - prices had stopped falling in THE REAL WORLD by last october, your LR figures are too far behind to be of any use - for example, my house sale in april hasnt been registered yet according to my solicitor.

Prices didnt fall in Jan/Feb/March - thats my whole point

as I said then - prices had stopped falling in THE REAL WORLD by last october, your LR figures are too far behind to be of any use - for example, my house sale in april hasnt been registered yet according to my solicitor.

So sales agreed in October took 8 months to be reflected in the LR figures? So by this reckoning we will still be seeing house price rises, according to the LR, until AT LEAST April '10 as Nationwide's figures for AGREED sales in August saw a rise. I'll try to remember this post at the turn of the year:)

Prices didnt fall in Jan/Feb/March - thats my whole point

As above and you weren't talking abut prices in Jan/Feb/March, you were talking about prices in October '08. March may have seen rises which were reflected in the LR report for completions in June but I doubt that Jan or Feb did as April and May's LR figures were still negative.

So sales agreed in October took 8 months to be reflected in the LR figures? So by this reckoning we will still be seeing house price rises, according to the LR, until AT LEAST April '10 as Nationwide's figures for AGREED sales in August saw a rise. I'll try to remember this post at the turn of the year:)

As above and you weren't talking abut prices in Jan/Feb/March, you were talking about prices in October '08. March may have seen rises which were reflected in the LR report for completions in June but I doubt that Jan or Feb did as April and May's LR figures were still negative.

you look but never read - Dimitri you can post all the links to all the reports in the world BUT they are just that ............ reports

just listen to real people for once instead of looking for the answer on a bit of paper.

i told you in Oct prices had stopped falling and they had, yes it can take 8 months for figures to filter through, that is where you are looking in the wtong places

you now have a vested interest in pretending prices are still falling so you dont end up with egg on your face

you missed the boat, shouting about it isnt going to fetch it back