Benefit Busters - Channel 4

Truth is something has to be done, and if it takes haylee to "kick some ass" then so be it.

We could do with Haylee, or Jeremy Kyle to go to where my sister lives. They turned the place over to social housing and so the place is teeming with smackheads who have everything paid for, and whos talents seem to stretch to "dropping litter and fag ends all over the lawn" and making noise until 3am.

I think society needs more Haylees to kick some ass.

Also, where are the fathers ?

Just remembered something from the other night that I forgot to mention as well.. Frek's bible as well ladies and gents.

According to her.. you MUST use the bible AKA - 'What Not To Wear' to live a good and normal life.

Pathetic.

If its something or someone I hate - it is corporate kissarses, management speak and techniques in real life, and people who think that 'benefit claimers' would be better aways from benefits because (x)

* People are NOT butterflies

* You do not need to use management speak in real life - apart from management situations or the office

* What Not To Wear is NOT a justification to dress like two bints from the TV

* Benefit claimers are NOT scum - only a minority are

And the main question again:

WHY work - when you can get £240 for free and actually enjoy life?

According to Frek, you are not allowed to:

* Have Virgin/Sky TV if you are on benefits

Interesting.. what happens when analog TV goes and people are not on Sky/Cable/Freeview Digital then?

* Do anything sociable - you MUST stay at home and not spend benefit money at all.

For me, its suckups like this woman who cause people to hate life and think of ending it all.

I watched the programme, and have mixed views about it. I've been involved in training staff for interviews, and in recruitment and one size definitely doesn't fit all. One of the women was pretty well educated, (can't remember her name) and I don't recall her being one of the people working at Poundland? She had been married, but was divorced when her younger child was two. She said she cried when she had to apply for benefits as a single parent. Helping her get her confidence and self esteem to a level where she could be successful is surely a good idea? I really wanted to know if she got a job as I thought she was the most employable, she spoke nicely and presented herself very well.

I completely agree, but it should be remembered that (currently) lone parents aren't compelled to go onto New Deal. These women made conscious decisions to go onto the course.

The woman with four children said she shouldn't be as comfortable as she was when she was doing nothing to earn any money - and it appeared she was better off not working. That isn't right. Perhaps we need a benefits cap? A flat rate for a parent and 2 + children. Having a large family nowadays is a personal choice after all.

The only time that someone will be worse off working than on benefits is when they have outgoings which aren't considered when calculating Tax Credits. These could be debt arrangements which would increase, child maintenance payments, having to pay for emergency accommodation, these sorts of things.

The only real shortfall is in potentially increased travel costs.

Hayley (Haylee?) was probably the right person to motivate some of the candidates, she sounded like a 'successful' Donny girl (I lived there for 20+ years and met many like her) and her clothes/make up would be considered aspirational to some. She was very well groomed, if a bit OTT. :roll:

I'd hope that it was just playing to the cameras.

The dj girl was totally irresponsible about debt. £75k on credit cards, and of course the widest screen telly she could fit into her house, along with the top Sky package for her little angel. :roll: I think her finding an ordinary paid job is a much better example for her child than just buying crap on credit!

Well I suppose I have to say that £75k of debt is a lot to be able to accrue when not working, so maybe there was an income once which allowed that level of credit. Then again, there are certain places who will let people have these things for 45p a day over 65 years as well. Is the debt the value of goods, or the value of loans?

I don't disagree with your sentiment at all, but her debt may not be all as it seemed (unless I missed bits of the programme!).

I hope that some people successfully find work after being on courses like this. We aren't all capable of just going out and getting a job, especially after years of not working. But I think the whole benefits system needs a review, as it often appears to condone the irresponsible whilst penalising the tryers.

I certainly don't have all the answers, but what I do know is that the benefit/tax credit system should work well enough.

Unfortunately, as the Govt seems to prefer paying people who know nothing about how things work on short term contracts, rather than those who can give a face to face evaluation from having done it, confusion is rife.

Edited by happyhippy

Being a mum is a full time job. I have just quit my job as found I was only 20 quid a week better off by working. I would rather have the time to bring up my kids properly and help them to do better in life by having the time to give homework help. If I ever come into contact with A4e I will not co-operate with them as I felt they were patronising, bullying and nasty women. I would rather be below the poverty line than deal with them.

Bringing up children on your own is tough and these people deserve BIG respect. The government should be paying the mothers the £100 as a thank you for them bringing up the next generation instead of giving it to A4e, I am sure it would benefit the children.

If we support these mothers, who really struggle the knock of effects may go really far as their children are the ones who will be expected to be kind to those around them in the future. If we treat them badly their kids are going to think the world is a bad place and in turn treat people and things around them badly, this does not serve anyone.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if you are claim state handouts for more than 6 months, then you are automatically referred to A4e by the benefit agencies - If you don't cooperate then you find that your benefits are pulled - This is exactly as it should be too - I have to deal with the offspring of the terminally unemployed in my job, kids whose parents haven't worked have no work ethic and will put up so many barriers to work since they have witnessed from their own mothers and fathers that the government will support them and their lazy wasteful lives... Sad, but please don't ask ANYONE to subsidise your kids, you are breeding the new generation of neets... Society just doesn't need them I am afraid...

Just remembered something from the other night that I forgot to mention as well.. Frek's bible as well ladies and gents.

According to her.. you MUST use the bible AKA - 'What Not To Wear' to live a good and normal life.

Pathetic.

If its something or someone I hate - it is corporate kissarses, management speak and techniques in real life, and people who think that 'benefit claimers' would be better aways from benefits because (x)

* People are NOT butterflies

* You do not need to use management speak in real life - apart from management situations or the office

* What Not To Wear is NOT a justification to dress like two bints from the TV

* Benefit claimers are NOT scum - only a minority are

And the main question again:

WHY work - when you can get £240 for free and actually enjoy life?

According to Frek, you are not allowed to:

* Have Virgin/Sky TV if you are on benefits

Interesting.. what happens when analog TV goes and people are not on Sky/Cable/Freeview Digital then?

* Do anything sociable - you MUST stay at home and not spend benefit money at all.

For me, its suckups like this woman who cause people to hate life and think of ending it all.

This kind of attitude disgusts me if people want money and sky tv they should get a job and by the way you can work and actually enjoy life I know I do. Benefit claimants are the scum of the earth. When that woman was offered a job she should have had no choice but to take it, if she can't afford to live on the money its just tough thats her problem. I work full time and earn a lot less than £300 per week but I still do the job because I have got pride and self respect. The amount of people who come on this forum and defend benefit scum disgusts me. This country needs a tough government prefably a Tory one who will come down very hard on the type of people who were in this program. If people are out of work they should get on their bikes and look for work and carry on looking until they have found it.

Edited by marshlad

Vote me in as Prime Minister and I pledge the following;

1) Start off by abolishing all benefits.

2) Anyone wishing to claim dole must work 8hr days doing jobs for community or charities, otherwise they dont get paid any dole.

3) The savings this creates can be pumped into helping OAPs and those deserving of financial help eg those who are genuinely unable to work through disability etc. Money will also be spent on providing child care/nurserys so that single mothers can get a job also.

4) Those folk who never intend to do a days work in their lives, get absolutely no financial handout at all. And starve. Therefore reducing the gene pool of lazy layabouts.

5) As a thankyou to myself for introducing such a fabulous money saving system, I am given an enourmous salary and a big house:)

VOTE WARPIG

You know it makes sense!

When are you standing? I'll vote for you! That all makes perfect sense to me!

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if you are claim state handouts for more than 6 months, then you are automatically referred to A4e by the benefit agencies ....

Not if you're a lone parent.

I agree, it is a disgrace; and a lot of these scenarios re: forcing people in to unsuitable jobs would cease to exist if we did away with the benefits system, like we should.

This kind of attitude disgusts me if people want money and sky tv they should get a job and by the way you can work and actually enjoy life I know I do. Benefit claimants are the scum of the earth. When that woman was offered a job she should have had no choice but to take it, if she can't afford to live on the money its just tough thats her problem. I work full time and earn a lot less than £300 per week but I still do the job because I have got pride and self respect. The amount of people who come on this forum and defend benefit scum disgusts me. This country needs a tough government prefably a Tory one who will come down very hard on the type of people who were in this program. If people are out of work they should get on their bikes and look for work and carry on looking until they have found it.

Here, here!

Please read my posting number 67 of this thread. Perhaps we could join forces, and stamp out Britains soft approach on low life scum.:)

When are you standing? I'll vote for you! That all makes perfect sense to me!

Thanks for your vote. I just need to think of a name for my party. A name that reflects a no nonsence approach to life!

And when Im in power you will be officially invited to tea and biscuits at my newly acquired mansion:)