Benefit Busters - Channel 4

Are you having a laugh, I've never seen anyone so patronising, condescending and full of herself. If being a single mother wasn't bad enough they then had to put up with her once a week?. And what was all that 'I think I'm going to faint' business about when Emma visited - PLEAAASE!

Not withstanding the 'I think I'm going to faint' part why did the women on the course have nothing but praise for the woman running it if she was patronising and condescending? They obviously saw something you didn't.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought she was patronising. I mean, her heart was in the right place but pass me a bucket...

I wish somebody had vomited on her and then let her say they are not really sick.

"Get a job you scrounger"

"Get a husband you hard faced cow"

:hihi:

Actually I didn't see it because Mock the Week was on the other side which was a lot more entertianing.

Quite. This was just one of many 'made for TV' programmes that fill the screens these days - Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay, Apprentice, Dragons Den etc. etc.

Take some raw material and all ends happily. Except it doesn't.

The harridan 'running' this course (Hayley Taylor) made Pauline and her pens seem professional. 'Life is like a battery - it has positives and negatives', 'you're like butterflies, turning from an ugly caterpillar into...' and on and on and on, ad nauseum.

The best was related to one of her 'clients' (for which read conscripts). 'She could sell sand to the Arabs'. This was upon getting a 2 week, unpaid trial at Poundland.

Taylor was vastly over made up and, if she can decide the destiny of so many people's futures, why can't she shift the 5 stones that she clearly needs to?

Sure the 'students' were pretty poor but we all have different backgrounds, problems, experiences etc. and this one-size-fits-all garbage benefits only Emma Harrison and the delusional, desperate and poorly paid fools who work for her.

please dont be personal about hayley - she does an amazing job -

I don't think anyone was actually paying for anything of hers apart from her Visa provider.... oh and the catalogues!

Well unless she get's a job in the private sector and pays it all off it will be the taxpayer/man in the street that pays for it.

I can only say that the A4E employee wouldnt last 5 minutes if she delivered personal and management development training to senior management. I really do feel for the women that A4E were purporting to train; showed no respect to the people they were training. Perhaps they think itsboot camp.

In my opinion I don't think that a person delivering training to a group of senior managers would automatically be the right person to deliver the training to a group of single parents. I would also question the likelihood of them accepting the pay and conditions that the girl on the programme was probably on. And again... why did they all enjoy the course and speak so highly about the girl in charge if it was as bad as you think?

Edited by Idler

Vote me in as Prime Minister and I pledge the following;

1) Start off by abolishing all benefits.

2) Anyone wishing to claim dole must work 8hr days doing jobs for community or charities, otherwise they dont get paid any dole.

3) The savings this creates can be pumped into helping OAPs and those deserving of financial help eg those who are genuinely unable to work through disability etc. Money will also be spent on providing child care/nurserys so that single mothers can get a job also.

4) Those folk who never intend to do a days work in their lives, get absolutely no financial handout at all. And starve. Therefore reducing the gene pool of lazy layabouts.

5) As a thankyou to myself for introducing such a fabulous money saving system, I am given an enourmous salary and a big house:)

VOTE WARPIG

You know it makes sense!

I used to agree with that whole heartedly. However, I now believe that the primary concern should be for the children of families on benefits. Whatever you say about these families, it's not their kids fault that they live that way. If you said "right, 6 months is up, fend for yourself", chances are the parents still wouldnt work, but would struggle by on less and less, resulting in the suffering of their children.

Whatever you think about these people (and chances are their kids will turn out the same), IMO you can't say "get a job or starve".

If these people won't get a job they should have their benefits stopped and their children should placed with families who are working, then the taxpayer is not being fleeced and the children don't suffer poverty.

2) Anyone wishing to claim dole must work 8hr days doing jobs for community or charities, otherwise they dont get paid any dole.

3) The savings this creates can be pumped into helping OAPs and those deserving of financial help eg those who are genuinely unable to work through disability etc. Money will also be spent on providing child care/nurserys so that single mothers can get a job also.

4) Those folk who never intend to do a days work in their lives, get absolutely no financial handout at all. And starve. Therefore reducing the gene pool of lazy layabouts.

5) As a thankyou to myself for introducing such a fabulous money saving system, I am given an enourmous salary and a big house:)

VOTE WARPIG

You know it makes sense!

Brilliant idea!! I have often thought the same myself.

In which case, employers would need to foot the bill entirely to provide a wage people can actually live off.

But why would they be doing more for less? To work at a rate that would be the equivalent to the NMW, fair enough.

How about some of the fathers of these children are made accountable for their part in the child/ren's existence/es? It takes two to make a child.

Fair enough.

VOTE WARPIG

You know it makes sense!

And a moat, don't forget the moat.

If these people won't get a job they should have their benefits stopped and their children should placed with families who are working, then the taxpayer is not being fleeced and the children don't suffer poverty.

There are worse things than not having lots of money, I don't believe that single parents actually live in poverty.

Perhaps the children if they could articulate their needs would say that they would prefer to have a loving parent that is there for them, and bringing them up properly than a new bike for Xmas but a set of people who are not their parents, or parents that are not there because they work all hours God sends.

Surely there has to be common sense in all this, its easy to see everything black and white but life is not.

Why are we paying strangers to bring up our precious children, we only get one go at parenting a child its a special and important job.

Parents choose to go to work and I would not slate them even though I believe it to be wrong until a child is at least in school, each person will make their own moral choices in life, but I firmly believe that our children are important and they need their parents.

People also seem to totally disregard the fact that these single parents did not make the babies by themselves, where is the other parent that has already abandoned the child I wonder.

Hayley was a condescending cow!

And again... why did they all enjoy the course and speak so highly about the girl in charge if it was as bad as you think?

Because it was scripted to within an inch of their lives. So there they are, sat in a pub when, one by one, their phones go off and, surprise, surprise, thy've all been offered 'jobs'.

Anyway, I don't think they all enjoyed it. What about that woman who had taken to drink (and trust me, being sent to A4e would make anybody drink).

I bet the lovely Hay-lee is very proud about 'outing' her on this programme and probably making her totally unemployable.

Improving people's lives? My ass.