Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Racist threads on forum

Supposing a Polish couple that had settled here had a child here, that child is Polish not English.

Wrong again Mindfields!

Under the British Nationality Act 1981, a child who is born to Polish parents who are (in your own words -) "settled here" acquires British citizenship.

"settled" usually means that the parent is resident in the UK and has a right of abode. But in any case citizenship in this instance would also apply to a Polish parent by virtue of Poland being a member of the EU, as long as they had permanent residence in the UK.

NB. They may acquire dual nationality - but I don't know what the law in Poland is.

Perhaps Halibut with this knowledge you would wish to enquire as to my political leanings.

I think in the circumstances that to accuse me of being a right wing facist and BNP supporter would get you and others who have made this wrongful assupmtion about me...laughed out of the forum............

Tell me have you never heard of the devil's advocate................

Good evening Halibut ............."Do you know who I am"?

In response to the earlier slur on my suggestion about threads like this may I quote Medusa on an earlier locked (similar) thread "Enough!

The topic has been removed because it appears that the whole subject is a cause for vehement disagreement and so is not a topic for open forum.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but all threads on the forum are at the discretion of the site owner and admin team, and we are not prepared to host threads such as those just removed.

The topic is closed and any further threads on this topic will result in suspensions..

Medusa your reply please with regard to this thread without banning me and reading my observations earlier on in the thread ??

They are english, to my mind.

What is the purpose of a distinction that would exclude from english people born here that know no other country?

They can be civically British for sure, but not English because English is an ethnicity.

If me and my partner moved to Africa and had a child there, would that child be African? ethnically i mean?!

What's with all the racist crap then? Why won't you condemn the BNP?

Are brown people superior to black or white people?

No it's the GREEN ones. They're the best, like fruit pastilles innit.

Supposing a Polish couple that had settled here had a child here, that child is in most peoples eyes, and the Polish couple themselves- Polish not English.

..'that' child has a choice, and can legitimately describe themselves as Polish or English, just as the child of an English couple born in Australia has the same choice.

But we have a large black and Asian comunity in this country who were born here who consider themselves 'ethnically' English-as well as African, Jamaican, Pakistani and so on: if people who's parents and or grandparents are of foreign ethnic origin can just become 'ethnically' English, then the English are nothing and thats wrong.

If you believe that people born in England with non white faces describing themselves as English devalues you in some way then you obviously dont have an appreciation of who you are intrinsically.

I have to ask the question, why do you think the 'English are nothing', if the children of immigrants describe themselves as English?

Wrong again Mindfields!

Under the British Nationality Act 1981, a child who is born to Polish parents who are (in your own words -) "settled here" acquires British citizenship.

"settled" usually means that the parent is resident in the UK and has a right of abode. But in any case citizenship in this instance would also apply to a Polish parent by virtue of Poland being a member of the EU, as long as they had permanent residence in the UK.

NB. They may acquire dual nationality - but I don't know what the law in Poland is.

They can be civically British yeah, im talking about English ethnicity.

They can be civically British yeah, im talking about English ethnicity.

Why? Why does it matter?

They can be civically British for sure, but not English because English is an ethnicity.

If me and my partner moved to Africa and had a child there, would that child be African? ethnically i mean?!

That was precisely the definition white South Africans applied to themselves and continue to do, I dont recall Eugene Terreblanche or F W de Klerk referring to themselves as being 'civically African'.

Perhaps Halibut with this knowledge you would wish to enquire as to my political leanings.

I think in the circumstances that to accuse me of being a right wing facist and BNP supporter would get you and others who have made this wrongful assupmtion about me...laughed out of the forum............

Tell me have you never heard of the devil's advocate................

Good evening Halibut ............."Do you know who I am"?

Why do you refuse to condenm the racism of the BNP? People will draw their own conclusions.

Edited by Halibut

Why di you refuse to condenb the racism of the BNP? People will draw their own conclusions.

The BNP are stupid idiots, but they seem to be doing quite a good job of ripping themselves apart on their own at the moment so I wouldn't worry.

Here is an example of racism:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/465772/Angel-faced-racist-aged-12-Girl-burns-golly-at-BNP-fun-day.html

Watch the video... it is quite sickening.

hmmmm, 2 things here.

firstly, i didnt think anyonr actually read the red top papers because of their racist views, yet here is an example of them showing the bnp doing wrong.

secondly, its a doll and i know that its the wrong thing to have been done and by a child, but, has no one seen the riots and street scenes where the union jack is openly burned?? double standards maybe.