Carbrook School

Message for BigKev.

I used to know your cousin Steven Holford or 'Fuzzy' as our Ian used to call him. Your Aunty Val used to live next door to the Commercial and we used to knock about with her son Ian. Val used to go on holiday with my Nan.Its strange that when you go onto the Friends Reunited website, there is hardly anyone who has put their names down as attending Carbrook C of E School.

Hi yarmouth street well thats life it could be that they dont want people to know that was the school they use to go too. so you knew my aunty val and our steven I wonder if I know you maybe maybe not. I can remember your Ian having that train layout in the commercial as we use to go and see it and sometimes play with it. sorry to hear about reg passing away I use to think he was brilliant to talk too he knew some stuff did reg. I havent seen our steven for maybe 20 years or it could be longer and it as got to be a very long time since I have seen aunty val. our stevens dad died last year he was 83 years old I think our steven lives out at woodhouse just near the angel pub. me and tommy rick use to go in the industry pub just up carbrook street past rothwells newsagents did you know the marriots who lived down carbrook and the youngs there was tony young they lived on weedon street just below firth vickers main entrance. also did you know the hollands I think it was nevile he was deaf then there was the roach family they lived on weedon street and the smiths. I had some great times down carbrook I have just remembered another family joan hague she lived in the same yard as the woodheads she had a son cant think what they called him. if you knew ray woodhead well he died 2 years ago john woodhead told me last year in the castle market.

I have just thought of another lad I use to knock about with steven blades he had a sister called susan the last time I saw susan blades was she was working in the argos shop down the moor. howard allsop is now a long distance lorry driver I have seen him quite a few times in the truck stop cafe at hellaby I wonder if paul roach is still living at shiregreen or I wonder what happened to his sister susan. something as just sprung to mind and thats going into banks building yard and asking for some sawdust for the pet rat I use to have I could always get some from them. I found a book on street names the other day and lockhouse lane was in it thats what the they called it at the side of edgar allans rolling mills boy as that changed around there. I can remember watching the old sheffield trams being pushed into tommy wards scrap yard to be scrapped. this is the one time I wished I worked there I could have got some things off them before they was cut up. did they call the barbers on the main road across from the tinsley hotel, ronnies barbers I can remember having my first skinhead haircut in there had all my hair shaved off. I use to go in the tobacconist as well for my grandads pipe baccy and snuff what he always had I bought my first pipe from that shop and I have been on a pipe ever since thats got to be 35 years ago how time flies.

Susan Roach was in my class. I remember Ronnie's barbers vey well also the tobacconist. We used to pinch 'Dentyne' from Ivor Rothwells shop on the way to school...shocking behaviour! My great Aunt had a sweet shop just a few doors up near to Bessie Wade's sandwich shop,'tomato dips' on the way to school! Stephen Blades,I remember the name but nothing else. I remember watching the Tinsley Hotel being demolished from the 'club room' window at the Commercial.I have a video of Sheffield Trams. Its got a brilliant section of a tram driven from Sheffield centre down Attercliffe and into the tram sheds at Tinsley,taken from the inside. It's like travelling back in time,seeing all the shops and pubs that are no longer there.

My mum went to Carbrook but don't know the exact year, Jean Humphrey through and her sister Carol, they lived on Carbrook Street.

Hi Lolalola

My names walter Brownley, just enrolled, I remember your mum, give her my regards

Ask her if she knows where John Brown lives used to live with his Aunt Mary

i dont remember many people at all from that time,but d o you remember carol and erik kirton

Hi

I knew Erick and Carol, used to be a mate of Ericks before I left the area

my uncle was frank monks too .my mum shirley was married to ken morrell,i remember frank dying in a motorcycle accident.i went to carbrook school myself, small world.

goodness me staffie, it's like genes reunited on here!! lol

So, if I have this right, you are related to me, through my great granddad Morell, who was my late mum's mother's dad! I think that makes us cousins, something removed!

When you have posted an other couple of times I can contact you through PM and we can work out how we are connected.

I suspect you are related to me either through my aunty Ethel or aunty Ivy? (my grandma was Gladys)

(edit-I've just realised, ken was ethel's son!)

PT

plain talker,ken was my stepdad,so we are related by marriage.ethel was my grandma. she was a loveley woman very kind. she had a adopted daughter called jean also. frank used to come to our house just before he got killed,i went to his funeral, i was only about 14 at the time.looking at your photo you look a lot like frank. by the way im carole. frank was a very intelligent guy and i know he studied that hyroglyphics stuff,eygyption writings.i lived on carltonville road from 64 to 69.i think your family used to live opposite us in the yard accoss,we lived at no 19.

(risks the wrath of the mods by turning this into the Staffie and Shel show)

yes, Frank was exceptionally intelligent, he had three different degrees,a BSc (IIRC) and a doctorate in metallurgy, and another one, he did later,at night school, in English. I like to think i inherited his (And my mum's) brains.

I am fair in colouring, like Dot, (frank dot and my mother were peas in a pod of my grandpa, janet is more like my gran) I do look a bit like a plump version of my mother , facially.

please, Staffife, PM Me urgently I really want to speak with you and get some info.

thanks

PT

plain talker something wrong with my e mail cant send out but can recieve messages.the info you wanted . jean had a little boy in the 70s and had him adopted. they called him daniel. when ethel died jean came to the funeral with her husband ron eastwood and a new baby in her arms she had just had this baby was called cheryl. they lived in shiregreen on godric rd. her husband died in about 92. dont know any ben i know ethel had two sons ken my stepdad, and john he died some years ago.

bigkev

Haven't been able to get online much lately.

My Mum Violet Rayworth knows your aunty and uncle. She used to work at Metros with your aunty Doreen and says that she is still working in the mornings, and is George the same one that's Ilene Neils brother?

She also knows Steve 'Fuzzy', who she remembers as a lovely person... always smiling. And he used to mates with her cousin, Tommy Rick.

I'm hoping to get her to come and read these messages some day soon. But if not, I know she's hoping to see quit a crowd at the Carbrook Hall Reunion on the 1st Saturday in October.

Damkina