X-Factor 2009 Megathread

I think the new auditions has totally spoilt it. Like someone else said, its all too Americanised. Why the need for background music as well?

One of the funniest things about the show was when someone thinks they've sang a masterpiece to be greeted with complete silence by the judges. The audience spoils this.

Think its Mr Cowell trying to cash in even more rather than thinking it would actually improve the show...

I wouldn't watch this crap if it was the only thing on TV. However, I thought I'd share this from todays Mail.

"Two part-time models from Lithuania were first on stage. Why didn't they just leave their contact details in a telephone box, as is traditional?":hihi::hihi::hihi:

does anyone else dislike the auditions being held in arena's? I much prefer them to be in an audition room with just the judges :confused:

I also think the teacher will grate on me after a while... he reminds me of chico for some reason :suspect:

It must be getting near to Christmas then? :roll:

I love X Factor & will be glued to every episode (along with the kids). A lot of it is obvisouly staged & I am not keen ont he new format. It does just seem to be more money for Mr Cowell. I didn't like the way the total rubbish ones seem to sing for ages instead of being stopped by Simon mid flow. They also concentrate far too much on the judges & the shots of the audience/ participants queuing up - I bet at least half the programme was made up of this. I would have preferred to see more of the auditions.

I loved the teacher - drop dead gorgeous!!!

X Factor makes my Saturday Evening!

Those Dream girls lol! Thought we were about to have the next set of the Cheeky Girls!

I agree Pat she was really good. Shame she only got 10 seconds of airtime!

Did she really only get 10 seconds of airtime. ? Yes, what a pity she hasnt got a sob story(broken childhood, drug user, lesbian etc;) I look forward to hearing her again, her voice was very unusual.

does anyone else dislike the auditions being held in arena's? I much prefer them to be in an audition room with just the judges :confused:

I also think the teacher will grate on me after a while... he reminds me of chico for some reason :suspect:

I did not like the teacher either. Too choppy singing voice, and waving about of his arms too much!:rolleyes:

I did not like the teacher either. Too choppy singing voice, and waving about of his arms too much!:rolleyes:

Don't normally watch this drivel as I tend to call it the Low IQ Viewer Factor but was channel hopping and caught this guy. Had to say he was good. The arm swinging etc was a take on Joe Cocker who did exactly the same when he sang his version of the song. Back to University Challenge now...

complete doorhandle, he was!

dazzler4the teacher ( performed before, amateur my ar**)

Where does it say they have to be amateur? I read that a lad out of the failed boy band that was formed at the same time as Girls Aloud is auditioning.

Yeah this happened last year but I think another one is coming back this year, only I have read he's good whereas last years didn't get through.

I'm not sure about the new format? Maybe it will grow on me? But if there is already a big audience what have we got to look forward to with the live shows?

Liked the teacher, the girl who sang wonderful world, Stacey was it? And a lad called Joseph.

Stacey was the young mum from Dagenham - she was actually really good, as was Joseph, the girl in leathers and Danyl at the end.