Planning permission ? OR NOT !!

Hi all

My neighour has completed Several "ALTERATIONS" to his house !! Some of which affect MY property:(.

I have looked on the councils database of planning applications and can see NO listings for his property ?

What should I do now ?? Is there anything online I can post an official complaint ?

All help appreciated ;)

How do they effect your property may I ask?

. . . and just as a friendly tip - don't say 'right to light', 'right to a view', or 'loss of house value' as you'll be shot down; none of these being planning considerations. :-)

not everything needs planning permission, depends on what 'alterations' they have done

might be best to ring the planning dept and have a chat with them?

speak to your local council or councillor

Planning Department - 0114 2735032 or 0114 2734215

Why do you feel like you have to be nasty and report them. Does it just annoy you what they have done. Some people just delight in causing trouble.

I don't feel I need to be NASTY to them !

They have been VERBALLY ABUSING my GF's two youngest sons for months now :( We do have Police reports BUT are unable to get the Police involed until we have "Documented Evidence" :(

Re Planning Pemission :-

They have converted their loft !

Changed the outhouse into a bedroom !

Put decking in the rear garden OVERLOOKING our garden :(

Grrrrrrrrrr I could go on and on ....... :

Planning is not usually required for loft conversions : http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/genpub/en/1115315235153.html

Decking Planning Permission

From 1 October 2008 putting up decking, or other raised platforms, in your garden is permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, providing:

The decking is no more than 30cm above the ground together with other extensions, outbuildings etc, the decking or platforms cover no more than 50 per cent of the garden area.

as for living in the outhouse - pass

The only thing I can think of that would be an issue for your neighbour is compliance with building regulations.

Edited by fox20thc

I don't feel I need to be NASTY to them !

They have been VERBALLY ABUSING my GF's two youngest sons for months now :( We do have Police reports BUT are unable to get the Police involed until we have "Documented Evidence" :(

Re Planning Pemission :-

They have converted their loft !

Changed the outhouse into a bedroom !

Put decking in the rear garden OVERLOOKING our garden :(

Grrrrrrrrrr I could go on and on ....... :

1. Converted there loft into What? Bedroom = building/fire regs I think.

2. Is it private or council?

It does seem that you have other issues with your neighbours that you are not winning so it would appear that you simply want to get back at them through their new back door so to speak.

I dont know your house personally or your neighbours but it does sound as though they have improved their property and you are a tad miffed.

In cases like this I always advise people to have the nuts to front the problem....