Is this a reasonable response to my request?

I've nothing to hide, nor do I have anything to prove - I got the second opinion I wanted. And I'm grateful for that. :)

You, on the other hand, can continue to think whatever dark thoughts and double meanings you like.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post and give me their opinions :)

you havnt got your "rare vinyl" though have you ......... back to the 419?

hey karis,

go with your gut instinct and ignore saxondale. Most large AMERICAN up their own arse companies like to bragg about their status and reputation, even if it does come across as condescending and arrogant. They haven't quite got the international communication skills all there as we British have. Reading between the lines, I can see their message loud and clear, it seems to be one of reassurance but the words are coming across wrong. Hope everything is going good for you, god it seems like an age since I last posted on the forum.

yep - you all saw £2000.00 and wet yourselves

hands up who has ever dealt with dealers in "rare japanese vinyl" and did THEY take credit cards to "protect myself".

if i reposted the facts as put by the O/P but said it was an email I had recieved from an african prince you`d telling ME to run a mile.

It's not about seeing £2000, it's about seeing to form a new relationship with a client who would potentially spent £2000 on a regular basis.

But I know nothing, obviously the way forward is to treat your customers like an inconveniance. Anyone who doesn't agree is naive apparently, very astute!

No, but the useful comments on here gave me lots to think about. Which is why I posted, because, people on here really do have great insights and are very useful, especially when you want a second opinion!

And, I'll place a smaller order and see what happens!

So, everyone (potentially) wins :)

I've got a mental image of you, developed from your postings, and it looks like a poisonous dwarf, spouting bile everywhere it looks and jealous of all the pretty things that other people have.

Am I close? :hihi:

All things and points of view considered, his response and approach to customer service doesn't come across as very professional or respectful. In these times where fraud is rife, they really should be doing more to reassure their clients.

A response like that would fill me with apprehension.

I'm just wondering what the OP did in the end?

Hey there

I followed one of the poster's advice and majorly reduced the size of my order.

I'm also going to make sure I get some references from people who've worked with this company.

I have to say, he sent me quite a snotty email asking if the order was cancelled, and when I replied it was not, he perked up and has been polite since then, so maybe it was one of those weeks. Or maybe I'm just a gullible idiot!

Thanks for all your advice. I'll let you know when / if the goodies arrive.

Goodness me, I'm quite suprised TBH... Good luck with them and please let us know how the order goes.

Goodness me, I'm quite suprised TBH... Good luck with them and please let us know how the order goes.

Well, I hear that and I feel the same way. Every other company gave me options to ship, this company ships only with Fedex, which is considerably more expensive than the US post office.

But I've halved my order, and despite offering Paypal (to customers they know), I'll wire the money and see what happens and whether it's worth my time.

They've been in business a very long time, though. Maybe they're just grumpy and jaded.

Maybe they're just grumpy and jaded.

Lol, :hihi: that's made me giggle! Let us know when the order gets here, I'm interested to see if the order is up to scratch.