How can I find the money tree on Wadsley Common?

We've been looking for a year now and can't find it anywhere! Please help, our children are loving the 'adventure' of the search but we need more information!

What we know so far:

On Wadsley and Loxley Common somewhere there is a tree that over the years people have pushed money into the bark of

Apparently it is near 'the rocks' somewhere?

If you follow the stone wall into the forest you 'can't miss it'...

But still to no avail!

Can anyone give us any more info?

Thanks in advance

Dawn

Ive seen a tree like this one, but it is in Chatsworth gardens, I have a picture of it, thats the only one ive ever heard of

I know the common very well,and never heard of this story. ill certainly be on the look out next time im up there! i have come across some old stone wall below the rocks once before but as for finding it again i dont know if ill be able to! if i find anything ill let you know!

Where did this story come from?

One of my son's friends has told us about it (his parents backed him up so I do believe him!) Last week I was up there 'kite making' with the rangers - I asked them and they didn't know anything but then a lady with a dog overheard and said, yes it was true there is def. a money tree - she was the one that said follow the wall into the forest. We tried again this Sunday but it's a big forest!

There's also one near Grindleford (Padley Gorge), we took the kids down a couple of months ago :)

There's also one near Grindleford (Padley Gorge), we took the kids down a couple of months ago :)

Oooh.. we'd still have to find the Wadsley one but that might be worth a second 'adventure'... is it easyish to find?

I know of this tree. it did exist. Betula pendula ie silver birch. nere the top car park.

i took a chain saw to it back in 1997

Oooh.. we'd still have to find the Wadsley one but that might be worth a second 'adventure'... is it easyish to find?

Quite easy - we followed the path from opposite Surprise View car park, down into Grindleford, its in the wooded area, across the path, just before the path down to the station :)

i know where it is! if you park in the top car park and walk down the path onto the big field carry on down to the bottom and turn right towards the woods when ur into the woods its on the little hill just before it drops down to the other side bang in the middle of the path, hope u find it!

I know of this tree. it did exist. Betula pendula ie silver birch. nere the top car park.

i took a chain saw to it back in 1997

What a meanie! ;)

Seriously... it was definitely there this time last year!

i know where it is! if you park in the top car park and walk down the path onto the big field carry on down to the bottom and turn right towards the woods when ur into the woods its on the little hill just before it drops down to the other side bang in the middle of the path, hope u find it!

Oooh.. this sounds like where we were looking! We followed a path to a field (is this the one where the stone wall is?)... it's quite a way down? We followed the wall into the the forest but couldn't find the tree - your description gives us hope.. thank you!

there is a tree like this on the dove dale walk