Live 8 Concert megathread

I thought details of how to enter the lottery tickets weren't being released until 6am tomorrow morning on the radio :confused:

But apparently this is the question and the number:

What city is the forthcoming G8 summit being held near this July?

A) Berlin B) Moscow C) Edinburgh

Text A, B or C to 84599*

Source: http://www.live8live.com/tickets.shtml

(the official live8 site)

They have released that in the morning papers tomorrow as well but they will not accept any texts until after 8 am tomorrow. Do so before and you are wasting £1.50! It says!

Oops sorry yes forgot to add about the time thing - except the live8 site says that they'll take them from 00.01 tonight (or tomorrow morning which ever whay you look at it).

My son has just won 2 live 8 tickets, he dos'nt know what to do, go or sell, at the moment he's a student, whats your opinion ????

If I win two I'll go. If he sells them I hope he donates the money to charity......

Might sound like a stupid question, but whats Live 8?

Originally posted by coyleys

at the moment he's a student, whats your opinion ????

Tax dodger.

On the matter of the tickets however, let him know that it is a once in a lifetime oppotunity to take part in something that could make a difference to millions of people and to turn down this chance would be a big, huge, gigantic mistake.

Best let him know that the levellers aren't on the bill though. :smile:

Originally posted by HottyMcBuff

Tax dodger.

Im a student and I still have to pay bloomin tax on my earnings :angry:

He's decided to go with his sister, it is a chance in a live time, one day he'll be able to tell his kids ( i was there ), even thought he's been offered £600, its not right to make money out of charity,so he'll have to go back to his weekend job and PAY TAX on his pittance of a wage.

Originally posted by spyro2000

Might sound like a stupid question, but whats Live 8?

That is a joke of cousre ?

Originally posted by coyleys

He's decided to go with his sister, it is a chance in a live time, one day he'll be able to tell his kids ( i was there ), even thought he's been offered £600, its not right to make money out of charity,so he'll have to go back to his weekend job and PAY TAX on his pittance of a wage.

Sod that, take the money and watch it on a screen instead.

Heard on the news today anyone selling the LIVE 8 conert tickets will be sued by Bob Geldoff.

It's dispicable if any tickets are sold for profit in my and other Sheffield Forumers opinions.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Heard on the news today anyone selling the LIVE 8 conert tickets will be sued by Bob Geldoff.

It's dispicable if any tickets are sold for profit in my and other Sheffield Forumers opinions.

Good move Sir Bob...

Just heard on the radio they're being sold for thousands on ebay... typical! people will make money out of anything these day! :roll:

If i'd won tickets i would have gone... its definitely a one chance in a life oportunity to see so many stars together in one huge concert for next nothing... that is other than travel/food expenses etc...