Fishing in Sheffield

Can't apologise for casting this into the thread, but can I ask if any of you Sheffield fishermen / women ever bother taking your litter home.

Does all the garbage at the side of the canal from town to Meadowhall, at the side of Beauchief ponds and around the middle pond at Graves Park somehow blow there !!

I allways endever to take mine home with me, or use a bin if provided. Im not going to lie and say i havnt left anything behind, because i probably have, either through dropping or simply missed it whilst packing away. my fishing box is a testiment to this, as at the moment it is full of pop cans and wrappers.

however there is a large amount of fishermen out there who simply dont seem to care, they leave all manner of rubbish and it isnt an oversite.

the problem is, if it isnt a paid venue then there is noone to police it and so they do as they please.

Can't apologise for casting this into the thread, but can I ask if any of you Sheffield fishermen / women ever bother taking your litter home.

Does all the garbage at the side of the canal from town to Meadowhall, at the side of Beauchief ponds and around the middle pond at Graves Park somehow blow there !!

I always check the area I've been fishing in for stuff I've dropped - and have even picked up other peoples litter.

You've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about this - let's not turn it into a argument about littering. However taking into account the ratio of fishermen/women to walkers, dog walkers, bike riders etc etc that use the paths by canals and in parks, I'm not sure it's too fair 'having a pop' on here.

I think you'll have to try quite hard to find an angler who doesn't respect the environment in which they practice their hobby.

i all ways take my litter home even carry a carrier bag infact every mate of mine does the same even if its not there rubbish we even walk around the ponds or river bank picking it up some times it just joe public that drop litter as well

I would have thought “proper” anglers would look after the river banks maybe its kids or the dodgy fisherman that aren’t throwing them back that are leaving the mess.

The vast majority of fishermen will take all their rubbish home (and any other stuff they see laying around).

Sadly the odd person does leave stuff.

What you have to keep in mind is that down riverbanks/along canals etc. are popular places for people to dump rubbish. It starts as a heap in one place and gradually blows about/gets moved etc. This is very common.

Don't assume just because there is litter by a river/canal/pond etc. that it is the fishermen who have left it there.

Has anyone fished Loxley Fisheries recently would like a bit int as to wat bait to use and wat pegs.

Aup im wondering if any 1 can help me ive started using the float on the rod and im wanting to catch some carp. Can any one tell me how to set my line up and what bait to use

Thanks

Lewis

Aup im wondering if any 1 can help me ive started using the float on the rod and im wanting to catch some carp. Can any one tell me how to set my line up and what bait to use

Thanks

Lewis

It will depend where you are fishing but i tend to fish 6-12 inch overdepth and i like to use sweetcorn and luncheon meat as a bait.