Fishing in Sheffield

I'm looking for somewhere to go pike fishing in Sheffield or not too far away.

My son caught a whopper barbel yesterday at Loxley Fisheries. I thought barbel were river fish, and not still water. Don't know how he got in there. Must have been around 8/9 lbs.

They are stocked in there mate.I got a few about 4 years back they were only about 2 to 4 pound back then so its nice to know they are getting bigger.

could someone tell me , is loxely fisheries the small pond behind the nags head pub that used to belong to the refactory , or the rectangular pond further down the valley

It is the one that used to be called Marshalls. Behind the Nags Head.

The other one further up the valley (don't remember what it is called) is a lovely pond, but you can only fish until 7pm, so not much good after work.

I'm looking for somewhere to go pike fishing in Sheffield or not too far away.

Plenty of pike in the Dam Flask, in fact thats all theren seems to be nowadays, we don't seem to catch much else.

It is the one that used to be called Marshalls. Behind the Nags Head.

The other one further up the valley (don't remember what it is called) is a lovely pond, but you can only fish until 7pm, so not much good after work.

thanx mandem.i fished it when it was marshals ,plenty of good tench in the pond if i remember correctly

might take the son up there next week for a day out,thanx again for clearing up the name and position of the pond ;)

Does any of you fine people know if Brightside weir is any good for a spot of Barbel fun or the odd chub.

does anybody have any information on the river don at oughtibridge,where the sports ground is,where the don goes under the bridge on station lane,is it a day ticket water or private??

I saw a 4 foot eel come out of the lake at dam house today - funny story behind it which I will post tomorrow....

Plenty of pike in the Dam Flask, in fact thats all theren seems to be nowadays, we don't seem to catch much else.

Really? I went there the other week and caught nothing - apparantly it's got a reputation for not giving up its fish very often.

I saw a 4 foot eel come out of the lake at dam house today - funny story behind it which I will post tomorrow....

Please do Ghostrider, I'm intrigued!

river rother at woodhouse mill one caught other week 8 pound

Interesting.

Anyone know what permits you need to fish that river and what stretches you can fish?

Cheers