Fishing in Sheffield

Where can I catch a Barbel in Sheffield on the River Don? I have also been told there is good fishing in Rivelin for Carp and Golden Carp does anyone know where this?

Hi Paul, I would say your best bet for barbel on the Don would be either the riverside business park stretch near meadowhall overspill car park or the deep stretches up Neepsend. A mate of mine has had barbel up to 6lbs from the riverside stretch on luncheon meat or cat food !!

The carp at rivelin were at the first pool up from Malin bridge.....Wolfe pond i think its called......not many, but of a half decent size. Since the floods of 2007 as far as i know most of the fish ended up in the river which runs next to it, I've not seen any sign when i've fished it (I don't bother anymore). possible though that the E.A. have restocked it

i caught barbel on the don years ago,behind the powerstation at the back of owlerton stadium,you can drive so far from hillfoot bridge end and walk the rest,fish below waterfall behind the powerstation.large carp in crookes valley park but only a few,best place is tinmill dam at deepcar but need a permit

tinmill dam at deepcar but need a permit £30 , if yu go on river for barbell look for gravel bars and weirs barbel loves them

you can def catch a barbel at niagra falls which is situated right at the back of winn gardens estate, down by the side of the football pitches. its very snaggy though. best method is worm, fished with plasticine as weight(attached with a thin wire spiral), so it pulls off in snags. fish tight to the weir. you will also catch big perch and chub. ive landed barbel for friends up there at just short of 7lb, and had them myself to 2 1/2 lb. was speaking to the E.A who said that the don around swfc has them up to 14lb! seeing is believing me thinks.

river rother at woodhouse mill one caught other week 8 pound

aston ponds hold carp me and my two sons had over 13 out today all over the 5 pounds mark,we all missed quite a few as they tend to dodge the net and make a dash to the legs on the landing stages

Just a reminder for anyone fishing on the canal.

Don't forget to leave the ashes from your fires, empty tins of sweetcorn, bread wrappers,

empty Carling and Special Brew cans and plastic carriers, either in the canal or on the towpath for others to enjoy.

My son caught a whopper barbel yesterday at Loxley Fisheries. I thought barbel were river fish, and not still water. Don't know how he got in there. Must have been around 8/9 lbs.