How do I get to Clifton Park in Rotherham?

I'll be coming from S13 near Prince of Wales Rd/Parkway. And is it open? I read on here that parts of it are closed.

Thanks,

A x

Depends how you are wanting to get there. Car, Bus, Train etc.

Want to go by car but I'm no good at reading maps. I'm better if someone says 'Go down parkway, go onto M1, come off at J36' or whatever. Ta. x

Use the link i put in that will give you directions

I'll do some directions for you. We'll say you are at the part of Richmond Road which runs over the Mosborough Parkway. You would turn down Richmond Park Road, you would then turn left at the end onto Handsworth Road, then merging into the right hand lane, in preparation for Handsworth roundabout. You would then take your 3rd exit onto the Parkway towards Rotherham. You would then follow the A630 to St Ann's Roundabout (just past Rotherham Interchange where the dual carriageway ends and the A633 commences). On the roundabout you will also notice the Eastwood Methodist Church, you would turn right here up St Ann's Road and the park is 200 yards away directly at the top of the road. You would then turn left and around 400 yards on your right will be the Car Park, just before the mini roundabout.

Here is Google Maps for you - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=B6065%2FRichmond+Rd&daddr=53.37273,-1.397066+to:Cottenham+Rd&geocode=FUZOLgMdyafq_w%3B%3BFZxULwMdLoLr_w&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&sll=53.379437,-1.377239&sspn=0.024524,0.055017&ie=UTF8&ll=53.409941,-1.359043&spn=0.049014,0.110035&z=13

Hope this helps :D

That's absolutely brilliant, thanks, just what I was after!

A x

Yes it is open and has been for a while. The rides (the ones you have to pay for) do not open until 11am. There is a new toddler park and a older kids park and a waterpark where you can get a cuppa, oh yes and a crazy golf. Oh yes a skate park but that is not finished yet.

I dare to say it is the best park in South Yorkshire now.

Museum has had a revamp too and is fully open along with a cafe and gift shop. I went with DD's today (7, 5 and 19wks) and the older 2 loved it. Baby could not have cared less lol :hihi:

I'll do some directions for you. We'll say you are at the part of Richmond Road which runs over the Mosborough Parkway. You would turn down Richmond Park Road, you would then turn left at the end onto Handsworth Road, then merging into the right hand lane, in preparation for Handsworth roundabout. You would then take your 3rd exit onto the Parkway towards Rotherham. You would then follow the A630 to St Ann's Roundabout (just past Rotherham Interchange where the dual carriageway ends and the A633 commences). On the roundabout you will also notice the Eastwood Methodist Church, you would turn right here up St Ann's Road and the park is 200 yards away directly at the top of the road. You would then turn left and around 400 yards on your right will be the Car Park, just before the mini roundabout.

Here is Google Maps for you - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=B6065%2FRichmond+Rd&daddr=53.37273,-1.397066+to:Cottenham+Rd&geocode=FUZOLgMdyafq_w%3B%3BFZxULwMdLoLr_w&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&via=1&sll=53.379437,-1.377239&sspn=0.024524,0.055017&ie=UTF8&ll=53.409941,-1.359043&spn=0.049014,0.110035&z=13

Hope this helps :D

These are just the sort of directions I like. well done that man!