J.S.A and working tax credit query

I currently work 30 hours per week and also receive working tax credit plus child tax credit for my little one. My partner has just finished uni & is of course struggling to find work. In the meantime is my partner eligable to claim J.S.A if Im working, and will it affect my working tax credit? :help:

your best bet is to ring up the freephone number from the jobcentre and he will be advised as to what to do, as this is a complicated case it can be difficult to say for sure.

dull

The simple answer is that he can't claim JSA if you are living together as you work too many hours per week.

Edited by happyhippy

if you go on the government website, and go through as a couple on do i qualify tax credits it should come up with the details of how much you'd be entitled to.

Yes, he may be eligible to be part of a WTC claim, but whichever way you look at it, he can't claim JSA due to the number of hours his partner works. All of which depends on them living together.