Ryanair & 'Bradistan'

I lived in London for a couple of years and the locals made me feel very welcome by reinforcing the point that I was Northern: Northern Scum, Trog, Monkey. This was in jest, but it did get tiresome after a while. Is this racist / offensive?

I know a couple of people from Liverpool (or Scousers!), the jokes about loosing hub caps, watch your wallet etc. are always made when they are around. Could you say that about people from other countries without being racist?

Personally I think loose those chips, cheer up and have a laugh!

The only one of those which wont casue offence is "Aussies".

I think you will find it is "cause".

I think you will find it is "cause".

Oh welcome back Mr Intelligant. Thank you for proof reading people's posts. I am sure they all want you to :rolleyes:

Oh welcome back Mr Intelligant. Thank you for proof reading people's posts. I am sure they all want you to :rolleyes:

Its the forum preacher :rolleyes:

BTW that would be Mr Intelligent :roll:

Nor would you for saying "look at that bunch of krauts" yet that's clearly done in an insulting way. :huh:

But if I said "look at that bunch of ****'s" I'd get the book thrown at me. Double standards? Oh, sorry I can't say that!

If you plan to correct people's spelling, please check your own.

You should have used "it's", not "its". "Its" is used as a possessive. "It's" means "it is", and is the shortened version. The latter would have been correct.

I don't particularly see the point of picking up on people's spelling, but if you want to start a spelling test, feel free.

Thanks.

But if I said "look at that bunch of ****'s" I'd get the book thrown at me. Double standards? Oh, sorry I can't say that!

It's an interesting double standard. Both are used as a term of offence, yet one is acceptable to the level where tabloids would use it.

Prejudice is full of double standards though. I remember when I was a student, some years ago admittedly, seeing a sign in a window of a house, advertising a room to let for "asian students only". Can you imagine if it'd been "white students only"! Uproar. Why wouldn't I want to share with Asian students (I did in my third year, and we were all happy campers). Also, it's acceptable to have male strippers and those are seen as "a laugh", yet Spearmint Rhino is evil? There are countless examples of selective prejudice. Very odd.

It's an interesting double standard. Both are used as a term of offence, yet one is acceptable to the level where tabloids would use it.

Prejudice is full of double standards though. I remember when I was a student, some years ago admittedly, seeing a sign in a window of a house, advertising a room to let for "asian students only". Can you imagine if it'd been "white students only"! Uproar. Why wouldn't I want to share with Asian students (I did in my third year, and we were all happy campers). Also, it's acceptable to have male strippers and those are seen as "a laugh", yet Spearmint Rhino is evil? There are countless examples of selective prejudice. Very odd.

It comes back to a point I made earlier. If you are a white, middle class man in the UK you have no grounds to say you are being discriminated against.

As you say, "Asian students only" is acceptable. "White students only" would make the headlines.

Women throwing underwear at men dancing completely naked in a sleazy club is a good laugh, men staring at a topless woman in a nightclub is degrading to women. Look at the uproar on here about Hooters. Would the same women who has such a passionate hate for it have been so passionate if a place opened up where the men show off their six packs?

It's the fine state of things our wonderful government and "where there's blame there's a claim" culture that seems to have found its way everywhere now.

Anyway, back to the thread topic. I can't seem to find anywhere that backs up what has supposedly been said and even if he has said that, for once he speaks the truth!

Ha, preach what exactly. For you to shat your mouth? Its for your benefit.

You should have used "it's", not "its". "Its" is used as a possessive. "It's" means "it is", and is the shortened version. The latter would have been correct.

I don't particularly see the point of picking up on people's spelling, but if you want to start a spelling test, feel free.

Thanks.

Thanks ;)

Glad you put him in his place - he likes to think he is putting others in theirs.

Thanks.

Forum hard case alert :hihi: