Please help the police find this thief before I do.

Within the last half hour my son has had his mountain bike stolen from him at crystal peaks. He went into the British heart Foundation where his mum works and left his mountain bike with his friend (both 12 year olds) whilst he was in the shop an adult male walked up to his friend that was looking after his bike and simply snatched it and rode off towards Beighton village. The bike is black with red writing on it and the dust caps are silver dice. The police are looking for the thief as I type this. I am off out in my car to have a look around Beighton. If anyone sees the rather distinctive dust caps on a black mountain bike with red writing on the frame please let the police know or pm me and I will let them know. It was given to him from a freecycler as we couldnt afford to buy him one so it is really important that he gets it back.. If I get any discriptions of this scumbag I will post them later, Please keep your eyes peeled posters as my son is very upset and his friend is very scared at what has happened.. Thanks posters. Riz..

Hope you are successful in getting the bike back. It's an awful thing to happen to both boys. Fingers crossed the CCTV at Crystal Peaks might help.

All the best finding it, hope your son and his mate aren't too shaken up by the ordeal.

I can't believe an adult could do that to a child! How old was he? Teens? There's some right ***** out there!

Ill keep me eyes out n ask family down there for ya .

Hope you catch em

Thanks for the kind words folks;) the police say that the cctv footage from outside the peaks is very good quality so they should be able to recognise him, apart from the cctv at the BP garage he passed on his way out of the peaks too.. I now have two young lads to console, one scared and one heartbroken, I just hope that the scumbag that stole the bike decides to keep it and I "BUMP" into him first, the bike was gifted to my son by a kind person from freecycle and he loved it to bits. Can anyone surrounding the peaks please keep an eye out for the bike or anyone selling one, it is a 21 speed black mountain bike with red lettering down the frame and has silver dice as dust caps, it also has a black tinky bell on the handlebars. The bike looks like new as we spent a lot of time tidying it up so he could use it through the school holidays. Any information gladly received...

Edited by willman

good luck mate hope you get it back and catch the scum!

If you find the bike, bare in mind it may have been sold quickly to someone for £30 or what not. If your going to dish out beats, make sure it is the thief.. and don't tell a soul.

dear riz so sorry for your lad hope it gets returned if not we have a spare bike but its a road bike not a mountainone if its a suitable size i am sure my oh would give it to your lad please pm me with his size age etc i hope you catch this scumbag

hi, i dont mind driving round that area and having a look round for you.

What is it with these people:rant: Why does anyone think it's ok to just take something that doesn't belong to them. You want a bike, well here's a thought for ya, BUY a bike:suspect:

I hope you get the bike back, If said 'adult' gets nicked in the process all well and good.