Steel City Eight Ball pools news and results (part 2)

cheers kev.

sorry to be a sour puss but that still rankles me 2 yrs on. every time this happens it gets my goat.

i hope this latest episode doesn`t cause ruptions in the teams involved.

anyway the team did brilliantly with 8 players 14 framesfor and 18 against.

you need a player on standbye next time to avoid this

Standbys ?

When a squad of 14/15 is not enough, it leaves me plenty to ponder over whether I should bother in future seasons.

It's a waste of time and money for the people who have the heart and leaves a team beaten by their own selfish player a rather than by their opponents.

Every man down there this week could have played in any of the other South Yorkshire squads but they don't, April may give some people a piece of redemption but not a lot.

Well done to Barnsley for getting through the group stages and having a full side out including reserves.

badly design leauge structure is at fault the leauge should start early and no re arranged fixtures making problems for certain players changing the dates of the k o cup was a mistake please next year do it as it says on the tin coz if not u will have the same problems again i fell fowl of this my holidays was booked origanaly i was here for ko cup then only for it to be changed why ? last year we had 2 dates for ko cup so if u was away for 1 date u could make the other date so u whould do u 50% why change it? i think its time for a change from top to bottom of the county commitee what a mess we are in sub standard county side top players not playing i ask why helping the county out was my downfall then not being told of certain dissisions not allowed a defence this is why we are not progressing no comunication with players we need a change

I agree with a lot of the previous posts, I am just frustrated at the lack of opportunities for players, the county structure needs support, not an overhaul. Everyone can organise until they are given the task to. It is why people like myself become dissillusioned by the state of things, Pool should be enjoyable and it is becoming too much like hard work. Interleague needs to support county and vice versa, and people should not be begged to play for SY, it should be an honour to qualify, the fact that some of SY strongest players are not playing is their fault, nobody elses. Let's stop passing the buck and move on together or I ask.......what's the point in playing at all??

what will it take for the top players in sy to play county? i`ll tell you then, make them 10yrs younger!!

i feel sorry for people who are organising stuff as it`s a thankless job.

Any way i put myself forward for the position of county A team capt at the AGM if anyone wants to propose me and second for voting.

would take the pressure off tommy running both teams.

then we need someone who is happy to stay in the B team and capt them.

The better players don't want to play unless they've gt a chance of winning, but the teams never got a chance of winning unless the better players play. Vicious cycle. And with the farce of this weekend who's gonna wanna join

badly design leauge structure is at fault the leauge should start early and no re arranged fixtures making problems for certain players changing the dates of the k o cup was a mistake please next year do it as it says on the tin coz if not u will have the same problems again i fell fowl of this my holidays was booked origanaly i was here for ko cup then only for it to be changed why ? last year we had 2 dates for ko cup so if u was away for 1 date u could make the other date so u whould do u 50% why change it? i think its time for a change from top to bottom of the county commitee what a mess we are in sub standard county side top players not playing i ask why helping the county out was my downfall then not being told of certain dissisions not allowed a defence this is why we are not progressing no comunication with players we need a change

The only thing that has to change is commitment of the players who keep harping on about other players.

The players that went to Yarmouth this time were committed to the team not prima donnas who tell us how good they, the players that did not go because of work, family and personal reasons were valid excuses,

I am sorry to say that I carnt afford it is not an excuse, there is a player in the squad that has not had a job for years untill recently but never let the side down.

Its the same old statement said by some players that did not go IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GO TO YARMOUTH DONT PLAY IN THE LEAGUE.

Do us a favour and go and play elsewhere then you carnt let us down again.

with regards the interleague can someone tell me how much notice you have to give to cancel a fixture,barnsley rang up monday night to cancel the game on sunday,our captain thinks it might be 7 days but not sure.

Just a question if you call the team Netherthorpe next season do u get the ranking points you earned 2years ago.

Just a question if you call the team Netherthorpe next season do u get the ranking points you earned 2years ago.

Yes Yorkshire i mentioned this this season, we are in the top 20 teams in the country if we are called Netherthorpe we would be seeded and therefore not draw any of the other top teams in the first round, unlike this year drawing Whitehaven who are also seeded.

It makes sense for the team to be called Netherthorpe then if we have an Interleague next season. Just to re itterate the interleague/county needs support not the divide we currently have. What's the use in changing the name if we only end up with 8 in Yarmouth?? Can't have one without the other.

The one positive is that S.Yorks seem to have a full side for all matches (I may be wrong?). It may not be the "best" 22 players but at least its a start. Its ok dreaming of the side that we "could" have but in honesty its probably never going to happen