Anxiety/phobias/Depression support group in Sheffield?

hey

i suffer from anxiety and depression and havent found any support groups, im fairly new to sheffield only been here 3 yrs. I would be interested in a group if you are going to get one up

If you are looking for a fairly cheap venue that is nice and centrally located I can recommend the Orchard Centre next to West Bar police station. Thomas who works there is lovely and they have a great room on the top floor that could be ideal for you. The orchard centre number is 07904 408 893

Does such thing exist? in S11 or S10 preferably? I could really do with talking to people with some issues I'm experiencing- and hopefully it would do me the world of good.

Many thanks

Try the self image group we're putting together.

Hi all,

I've recently set up a facebook group called SHEFFIELD DEPRESSION. If you're on facebook and interested in joining, send me a link via PM to your profile page. I will then add you as a friend. Once this has been confirmed by you I can add you to the group :)

Stu

Hi guys, Not sure how relevant this is to you guys now but there is lots of stuff going on in sheffield at the moment. Most surgeries now have an in-house mental health team comprising of counsellors, cognitive Behavioural therapist and Psychological Wellbeing practitioners dealing with common mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, PTSD and phobias etc. you need to speak to your gp about being referred.

There are also workshops being held around sheffield referred to as healthy living workshops and Stress control courses taking place on tuesday evenings. The stress control is a 6week course and you can take family members and friends with you.

Hey, you need to call 2264380 and register with the admin team. It is free to attend. There is a stress and anxiety one on December 3rd in Darnall, 10am-3pm.

Others are in Middlewood and Burngreave. If you google healthy living workshops in sheffield, other dates are listed there.

Are there any groups on the South side? Or city centre? That or a self assertion group?

No Panic Sheffield recovery groups are to support the recovery of people suffering from anxiety disorders including Panic Attacks, Phobia’s, Obsessive Compulsive Disorders, and other related anxiety disorders and to provide support to sufferers and their families and or carers.

The self help groups run on a regular basis and group members will have the confidence of knowing that any approaches in self help anxiety management techniques that are discussed are evidence based and that the volunteers are trained and supported.

Currently groups are run on

Wed eve 6.30pm-8.30pm in the city centre

Thurs am 10.00am-12.00pm in the city centre

Thurs pm 13.30pm-15.30pm in Heeley

For information about the group or if you feel you would like to attend please contact us by telephone on

07505712381 or 07505712164

or email us at [email protected]

Hi, feedback from members has been really positive. In January we will be running a 'working group' which is a closed group that will run weekly for 8 weeks for people who are ready to committ to adressing their issues, this means through education, cbt and homework each week. PLease contact us on the above numbers or email for more info.

hi guys, last year i suffered a nervous breakdown and was admitted to hospital for quite a while, due to the breakdown of my marriage and my ex-husband taking my children from me,since then i have worked so hard to get myself better, still having a lot of bad days but coping well, i have set a group up called SUPPORTING PARENTS WHO ONLY GET CONTACT WITH THEIR CHILDREN, i did this as since my husband took my children all i get is weekend access for 5 hours, and i felt i wasnt heard in court because of my illness, so please could you take the time to look at my group, it is a lovely welcoming group so please join on facebook , thankyou , lynsey x