Anxiety/phobias/Depression support group in Sheffield?

Does such thing exist? in S11 or S10 preferably? I could really do with talking to people with some issues I'm experiencing- and hopefully it would do me the world of good.

Many thanks

I know its not quite what you are asking for but have you looked into "mindfullness"? I have fount it to be VERY effective and its really straight forward. Google it and see if the library have got any books on it. If you want to have a chat about it just drop me a line.

hiya if you fancy having a friend on msn to listen im availble.if u would let me know and ill send u my msn addy.

Heres some groups and their contacts for you to try, I tried to select all of the groups from our database that might be relevant, so apologies if they're not. To see more details about these groups click the link in my sig.

Sheffield Mind ltd on 0114 258 4489

Sheffield Mental Health Action Group on 0114 221 7253

Manic Depression Fellowship, Andrew Walton on 07853 886710

MDF The Bipolar Organisation, Katherine Steele on 0114 201 4806

St Barts Contact Group on 0114 283 4010

Unlocking Potential, Graham Cockshutt on 0114 271 8122

I hope these help and wish you all the best,

Dan

nice to see Graham Cockshut still around. he gave us a lecture at uni..quite an inspiration!!!!!

I dont mean to hijack this thread but does anybody know of any groups in the S6 (Hillsborough area)??

i got PTSD - and i pass out - and i cnt use 1 arm - any groups for that??

yeah also available on msn to chat and help if i can

reiki master and anxiety sufferer too :)

just drop me a pm.

cheers

I was wondering the same thing. If there's enough people, we could always start one if there isn't one already...

I was wondering the same thing. If there's enough people, we could always start one if there isn't one already...

That doesnt sound a bad idea - maybe we could start a group up.

I know how hard it is to get help when you need it and also you never seem to find people that know how you feel.

I would be intgerested in being involved in starting this group up. I'm in Walkley. What does everyone think?

I would be intgerested in being involved in starting this group up. I'm in Walkley. What does everyone think?

We would need more people to become involved - dont know how many more people are interested - nobody else has posted anything.