Jeremy Vine Show - How often do you bath/shower

Some people can get away with it, depends what your body is like really and how physically active you are. Probably not many athletes can say they bath/shower once a month but if you work in somewhere like Lush it might be a different story :D

If you worked their you'd be pinching bath bombs instead of pens. You'd probably bath thrice a day and develop and unhealthy addiction :hihi:

Can't say I do it daily at the minute, I have done before though.

I find in this weather, I'll have a bath, go for a stroll or cycle somewhere and I'll be very sweaty again with the hour, somewhat defeating the purpose of having a bath.

Nice bucket of cold water helps. Roll on winter lol (Maybe I should move to somewhere with a colder climate)

I get in the Shower or bath every day, sometimes I might miss a day but I dont smell bad if I miss a day. I do have to wash my hair everyday as it gets really greasy and I have washed it every day since I was 17. My Dad gets in the shower everyday and hates not doing so.

When I was a kid I can only remember getting in the bath on a Sunday when I was time for school. I probably did bathe more than once a week but cant remember. My otherhalf gets in the shower nearly everyother day but sometimes he can go a bit longer and I hate it because he starts to whiff a bit, lol he is not dirty just a bit lazy I think. He only shaves once a week as well because he says it makes his skin sore. I love it when he shaves as his face is really smooth. When he starts to get a bit bristley well then I dont even bother kissing him much as it makes my face sore.

Shower every day, only have a bath if I have been gardening, grasscutting etc, and have green feet!!!!

I just thought most people would shower every day if not twice a day, the JV show and this thread is a bit of an eye opener.

And very very very very wasteful, when I was a kid Sunday night was bath time and that was your lot.

With the same bath water as my little brother, mum and dad in a tin bath in front of the fire. Poor mum had to boil the water in saucepans first. Then the (extremely) dirty water had to be ladled out of the bath by the said saucepans and poured down the sink. So I guess the reason why people didn't bathe/shower as often as we do is that it was bloody hard, time consuming work.

So I guess the reason why people didn't bathe/shower as often as we do is that it was bloody hard, time consuming work.

In the days before showers and combi boilers it was indeed hard work but yet nobody smelt, I blame man made fabrics, bring back string vests and Y fronts that should sort it. :hihi:

In the days before showers and combi boilers it was indeed hard work but yet nobody smelt, I blame man made fabrics, bring back string vests and Y fronts that should sort it. :hihi:

It's not that nobody smelt. They all smelt the same so they didn't notice!:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I can't bear to go a day without a shower! I just wouldn't feel fresh. :gag:

I wash my hair every other day, but I can't wear it down on the second day as I can smell that it isn't clean, so I have it tied up on day two!

I never have a bath,

Mainly because I read that 70 people died while taking a bath in the UK last year...

I always prefer to have a shower, it's safer.

How do people manage to die in the bath?

I can sort of imagine that taking a bath while worse for wear can be jolly dangerous.

You'd probably be safer climbing into a Hornets nest, or playing slapsy with a venomous snake.

How does this happen?

Lets look at the facts,

Since the bath is warm and relaxing, we can assume that few people died from a heart attack, and I presume too, that those who decide to share their bath with a toaster or an electric fire would be listed as committing suicide, which means the vast majority must have drowned....

I'm sorry, but how is this possible? it's not like the surface is very far away, or you can become entangled in weeds.

Nor are you likely to be swept away by currents.

So how does it happen?

Do you fall asleep and slip under the water? I find that hard to believe because most people would wake up when their ears hear a rustling sound or their noses detect a funny smell, so it stands to reason we would wake up if our lungs detected that, instead of air, we had suddenly started inhaling water...

Of course,

When we are drunk we lose many of our senses, young girls lying half-naked on the streets of Sheffield on a Saturday night testify to this.

But not noticing that your knickers are on display is a far cry from not noticing that your lungs are filling up with water, I suspect, therefore, that to die in the bath you have to be massively drunk, monumentally out of it, so far gone that you have somehow mistaken the bar of soap for a nice piece of cream cake...

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

I never have a bath,

Mainly because I read that 70 people died while taking a bath in the UK last year...

I always prefer to have a shower, it's safer.

How do people manage to die in the bath?

I can sort of imagine that taking a bath while worse for wear can be jolly dangerous.

You'd probably be safer climbing into a Hornets nest, or playing slapsy with a venomous snake.

How does this happen?

Lets look at the facts,

Since the bath is warm and relaxing, we can assume that few people died from a heart attack, and I presume too, that those who decide to share their bath with a toaster or an electric fire would be listed as committing suicide, which means the vast majority must have drowned....

I'm sorry, but how is this possible? it's not like the surface is very far away, or you can become entangled in weeds.

Nor are you likely to be swept away by currents.

So how does it happen?

Do you fall asleep and slip under the water? I find that hard to believe because most people would wake up when their ears hear a rustling sound or their noses detect a funny smell, so it stands to reason we would wake up if our lungs detected that, instead of air, we had suddenly started inhaling water...

Of course,

When we are drunk we lose many of our senses, young girls lying half-naked on the streets of Sheffield on a Saturday night testify to this.

But not noticing that your knickers are on display is a far cry from not noticing that your lungs are filling up with water, I suspect, therefore, that to die in the bath you have to be massively drunk, monumentally out of it, so far gone that you have somehow mistaken the bar of soap for a nice piece of cream cake...

Me neither, I have a shower.