Jeremy Vine Show - How often do you bath/shower

Has anyone else noticed that the smelliest people on public transport are normally asylum seekers? I know that in different cultures they don't have access to clean water as often as we do, but what's their excuse once they're over here?

How can you tell their immigration status just by looking at them?

• Haha 1

How can you tell their immigration status just by looking at them?

What's the right-on name for them then? Persons of differing ethnicity or something? :roll:

What's the right-on name for them then? Persons of differing ethnicity or something? :roll:

You tell me, you're the bigot that makes all the judgements based on people's appearance.

You tell me, you're the bigot that makes all the judgements based on people's appearance.

More name-calling when you're losing an argument, it's all a bit childish isn't it? Are you going to apologise for calling me a racist earlier or are you going to pretend you never said it after our posts got deleted?

More name-calling when you're losing an argument, it's all a bit childish isn't it? Are you going to apologise for calling me a racist earlier or are you going to pretend you never said it after our posts got deleted?

I never did you lying fool.

Now now folks its not worth getting into an argument, its each to their own I say if people want to shower everyday then thats ok, every other day like me then thats fine too, once a week might be pushing it but you should freshen up in between, if you think you stink then odds on others will think so too.

And very very very very wasteful, when I was a kid Sunday night was bath time and that was your lot.

Yes, and even then in the same water your mam, dad and siblings had already used ...in the tin tub in front of the fire.

Yes, and even then in the same water your mam, dad and siblings had already used ...in the tin tub in front of the fire.

We didn’t have a tub but we did share the water, now we are showing our age. :hihi:

The Sunday night bath routine, lol! We all used to get chucked in together (3 of us). My kids still love going in the bath together although bathroom tends to get very waterlogged.

Why not? He clearly is.

Good point, auto98uk......good point.

I really don't like not getting washed, it's something i don't like to scrimp on and I'm a right bath additive junkie... at the moment i've got a leak (plumber been and coming back tomorrow) and so i can't have a proper bath so i'm having a quick shower the last couple of days and i hate not being able to take my time! :mad:

I remember bath nights and that feeling of your hair needing washing :gag: but we all used to get washed in Vosene and imperial leather then so were 'antiseptic'ed up to the eyeballs anyway. If you used matey, you were posh. However if we were "mucky" you'd have a bath as well but i did have a friend who it didn't matter how dirty she got, if it wasn't bath night, she wasn't having one!

When I was a child, it was still usual to have a bath only once a week. The rest of the time, you had what my mum called a strip wash at the sink.

It's much easier these days, with showers, you just hop in and turn it on. But I think people who get hysterical if others don't shower/bath every day are plain daft. You don't end up stinking like a cess pit if you miss a day.

My mum lived by that rule, till she died in 1990. It was how they lived in her generation, with the prices of gas and leccy ever rising, we may have to go back to the olden days.