Jeremy Vine Show - How often do you bath/shower

Did anyone hear the jeremy vine show yesturday? One guest called up who only has a bath a month, a women who has 2 a week (lives with husband and kid). I can't believe people would admit this or worse see nothing wrong with it!

People are far too obsessive about hygiene these days.

While i bathe/shower more than that, it is a very very very very modern thing that people do it as often as we do. (and they may well simply mean they don't get in the bath or shower that often, they probably still use water and a sponge/flannel in front of the sink)

And very very very very wasteful, when I was a kid Sunday night was bath time and that was your lot.

• Like 1

While i bathe/shower more than that, it is a very very very very modern thing that people do it as often as we do. (and they may well simply mean they don't get in the bath or shower that often, they probably still use water and a sponge/flannel in front of the sink)

When I was a child, it was still usual to have a bath only once a week. The rest of the time, you had what my mum called a strip wash at the sink.

It's much easier these days, with showers, you just hop in and turn it on. But I think people who get hysterical if others don't shower/bath every day are plain daft. You don't end up stinking like a cess pit if you miss a day.

• Like 1

Many people who use public transport and a high percentage of poundshop patrons aren't.
  • Like 2

You wouldn't say that if you worked in a computer games shop!

Many people who use public transport and a high percentage of poundshop patrons aren't.

Like in the film Blazing Saddles 'It's true, it's true!'

You wouldn't say that if you worked in a computer games shop!

I 2nd this ... it does really smell in those places doesnt it .. lol

Some people can get away with it, depends what your body is like really and how physically active you are. Probably not many athletes can say they bath/shower once a month but if you work in somewhere like Lush it might be a different story :D

I shower at least once a day. But I have to, I would hum to high heaven if I didn't wash frequently. Some people don't seem to need to. My father had a bath something like once a year**, but never smelled of BO. If I tried that, I'd be condemned as a health hazard.

**Yes, slight over exaggeration!

Has anyone else noticed that the smelliest people on public transport are normally asylum seekers? I know that in different cultures they don't have access to clean water as often as we do, but what's their excuse once they're over here?