How to share cable TV

Does anyone know if there's anyway to get virgin media signal upstairs if you've got it installed downstairs, or if not, how much it is to get another installed?

if you ring virgin up they will do it for you, its an extra tenner a month though

if you ring virgin up they will do it for you, its an extra tenner a month though

that's not bad, is that for another box or just to share the one?

i think thats for another box yes ime pretty sure it is

oh cool, I'll give em a ring then, thanks

My advice?

Ring and speak to disconnections, advise them you're looking to cancel. Ask them about V+ and that makes the 2nd box £5 not £9.50 which is what you'll pay if the first box is a standard box.

It works - trust me!! :D

Edit: Forgot to say, ask for a cheaper deal as well, you'll be looking at a new contrct but well worth it depending on what you're paying at the moment!

Any probs, gimme a shout! ;)

I have Virgin box downstairs, but can get cable in the bedroom tv, thanks to Slater Bros, I don't pay £10 a month extra

If you have a standard virgin box just run a coax from the RF out on the back to your TV upstairs and tune it in. If it's a V box and your downstairs TV is connected by an HDMI lead, you'll need an RF modulator from Blake aerials ( £25.00 ish ).Connect the bottom scart on the Vbox to the input of the modulator with a scart lead. and your coax to the RF output of the modulator, tune in the upstairs telly as before.You can't use the remote upstairs with either of these methods but you don't pay any additional rental either.

regards Mick

I think i am right in saying that if you do it that way, the downstairs and the upstairs tv can not show differant channells so if the oh wants to watch coranation street downstairs you have got to watch it upstairs.

or just get some cable and a splitter and a eurovox cable box and stick your

old virgin box upstairs and have your new eurovox downstairs.....

then watch any channel u want :)

My upstairs aerial runs from the back of my skyplus box, it means I can watch Sky upstairs but only what is on Sky downstairs. I can watch any other channel on the tv upstairs because the Sky signal is on the analogue and the other channels are on the freeview in the tv.