Someone scratching cars on purpose? Why?

Yeah you either have a nice car which gets keyed or damaged because someones jealous or you get a cheap £500 car which will get nicked cuss older cars are easlier to steel. Either way, your screwed!.

brilliant world innit:rolleyes:

I`ve seen quite afew "keyed" on Ecclesall road, the jealous type losers, don`t have the brains to realise that its their own stupid actions that keeps them down!

weve been lucky so far and not had ours scratched but in our area there seems to be a craze for stealing one wheel trim! Cant work that out but the number of cars on our road with just one trim missing is ridiculous . Mind you its preferable to where we used to live they wouldnt just take your wheel trim they take all your wheels or the whole car

I can't believe whats just happened!!!!

I read this thread just before I was ready for bed last night and guess what I woke up to....

I great big scratch from boot to bonnet on the drivers side! Im so mad. Theses people must have so little in their lives.

1st Thing I did was call the police and report it as it did not happen at my home address so reporting it will hopefully increase the insurance premiums around that area. Just hope it will affect the people who did this one day.

I'd love to have caught the person as they were doing it. Better still if your reading this and live in S5 why not knock on the door where the car was parked and man up??

Just a thought, these cars which are being keyed - are all 4 wheels on the road, or are they parked half (or even 3/4) on the pavement?

Just a thought, these cars which are being keyed - are all 4 wheels on the road, or are they parked half (or even 3/4) on the pavement?

My car was fully on the road as it should have been.

Did they know it was her car? maybe they did it because it was a picasso :hihi:

No it was the only one in the area with a tax disc

My OH's mum had this done to her new car. Somebody left a deep scratch all the way down the side of the car and across the top of the boot. She does not want to pay hundreds of pounds to get it repaired when they might just do it again.

Somebody tried to steal my VW wheeltrim while my car was parked at the pub (right under a camera I might add). They broke it in the process and left it propped against the wheel. It pushed back on OK though, and now I've tie-wrapped them all on.

Why do people get so worked up about such a minor unimportant crime, it's probably just kids having a bit of a laugh.

Can anyone tell me how having a scratch in the paintwork stops a car from working?

If you have just bought a nice car and someone deliberatley damages it, you would understandably be angry. It doesn't matter if it was children (which i doubt), their parents should teach them to respect other people's property.

Even though my car is old and knackered, I would still be a bit annoyed if someone damaged it cosmetically.

Why do people get so worked up about such a minor unimportant crime, it's probably just kids having a bit of a laugh.

Can anyone tell me how having a scratch in the paintwork stops a car from working?

I don't understand your mentality here! 'Kids having a laugh??' So, it is okay to vandalise my car which I paid for and belongs to me? It is ok to scratch it down the side and leave it needed repair work?

Geeeeez, you need to get yourself some help or are you one of these human rights do gooders? 'Oh let them vandalise things they are only kids doing what kids do??' Well, I didn't do that when I was a kid or a teenager and I bet a lot of people on here (other than yourself) had higher morals when they were younger than to go around keying cars!!!!

Idiot!

Mine was parked on my road with all 4 wheels on the road, the side that had been scratched was facing into the road.