Wild ring necked parakeet's in sheffield ??

2 in my garden last week in Norton.

A gathering of 7 of these birds was reported at Norwood allotments near the Northern General today.

A gathering of 7 of these birds was reported at Norwood allotments near the Northern General today.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder if they heard that one of the nurses was having a hen party? :confused:

Seen the seven ring necked parakeets over the last couple of months,they seem to congregate in northern general woods around the time i meet my wife when she has finished her shift.We had a pair in our garden as long ago as march 2016.

Seen the seven ring necked parakeets over the last couple of months,they seem to congregate in northern general woods around the time i meet my wife when she has finished her shift.We had a pair in our garden as long ago as march 2016.

What time does she finish and where's the best place to see them?

Think asking what time the birds are around sounds a lot less creepy then "When does your wife finish work?".

she normally finishes work at 7.30pm.We see them in the woods where you turn in to the main entrance off barnsley rd.

she normally finishes work at 7.30pm.We see them in the woods where you turn in to the main entrance off barnsley rd.

Ok, thanks.

Just came across this thread by chance but glad I did. A couple of weeks ago around 7.45am I opened my back door and heard an unfamiliar kind of squawking noise in the tree at the bottom of my garden. After a couple of minutes a bird came out of the tree and flew away. It was a sort of lime green colour and I was convinced that it was somebody's pet that had got out. It was definitely not like any of the usual birds that come into my garden. Having seen this thread and looked at some pictures of these birds I am sure this is what I saw. I live on Blackstock Road, Gleadless Valley near the woods that go through to Meersbrook.

Nice one Kate. They are often reported down in Millhouses so you may have a small group of them local to that side of town.

I can confirm that they are regular visitors - or even permanent - in some locations in the North-East of the city. Not prepared to be more specific than that as there are already nutters out with air rifles and .22's in the particular area shooting at anything that moves.

I spotted two parakeets this morning, 11.30, in Graves Park.