Wild ring necked parakeet's in sheffield ??

I was delighted to see two in the tree at the bottom of my garden on Saturday. They were chatting loudly to each other! I'm in Norton so suspect they are from Gravesend Park.

A pair of parakeets flew noisily over me yesterday morning in Darnall. Heading towards the Bowden Housteads woods.

I'll have to keep an eye and an ear open for them this winter.

I had a pet ringnecked parakeet in the 70s-80s. haven't seen any wild ones near us yet at hunters bar, just a few shrieking as they flew above Sainsbury's at Archer Road once this summer.

There used to be a strong colony around the Holbrook/Killamarsh area but an individual was baiting and trapping them for what purpose I don't know. I haven't seen one in that area for a couple of years.

The same person was also seen trapping young kestrels in the same area.

There used to be a strong colony around the Holbrook/Killamarsh area but an individual was baiting and trapping them for what purpose I don't know. I haven't seen one in that area for a couple of years.

The same person was also seen trapping young kestrels in the same area.

Is that legal?

Is that legal?

Don't know, but the only people interested were the Derbyshire Council wardens that patrol the area. Doubt whether anything came of it.

seen 2 today early this morning in darnall

Spotted a pair on the playing field on Cnamcet Wood this morningand now have 2 excited young daughters

At the ungodly hour of 6am this morning as I was snoring my head off my better half heard a racket outside which she last heard in Tenerife!.Loud squarks coming from two green parakeets who had landed in separate trees across our neighbors gardens,they stayed around for a quarter of an hour or so before moving on!.I know parakeets have been spotted in Sheffield before and I wonder if they are starting to move en masse up our neck of the woods,they are profuse down sarf as soft fruit farmers and vineyards will testify to!.I like them myself but when they colonise indigenous birds move out so I have been told,anyway has any one else spotted any of these gregarious creatures at this time in Sheffield?.

Edited by old tup
spelling

There was at least one or a pair on the Transpennine Trail near us - bright green with red beaks apparently.

Bit off topic, But 3 weeks ago I saw fireflies near Newark on trent

There was at least one or a pair on the Transpennine Trail near us - bright green with red beaks apparently.

I used to fish near the TPT and never saw any, haven't seen in any in rother valley over the summer either, or my many trips to Holbrook industrial estate, although to fair I wasn't looking for them. But they're very distinctive I'm annoyed I haven't seen them.

I will seek them out!