Wild ring necked parakeet's in sheffield ??

They have been seen in Graves park too. I think they are regular visitors at certain times of the year. So i'm told anyway.

I know there's whole flocks of them in London. I have not heard of a sighting in Sheffield, but then, I haven't been listening very heard for news of one. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that there is a feral colony of them here.

My partner has seen one early in morning in Beauchief gardens

Tens of thousands of them near a rugby club in east molsley i think it is...near Heathrow airport.....if there is a few oop ere i'nt north dont expect any fruit left on your trees...they will strip them bare.:mad:

Worked in Reading a few years ago and there are thousands of the boogers that flock into the trees at night, its a sight to behold. I would imagine that they would colonise areas to a limit then spread out, so I would not suppose for one minute that they have not reached Sheffield what with the warmer winters.. Nice to see such colourful exotic birds in our neck of the woods if you are lucky enough but then again you are going to get those that quote rabbits in australia and grey squirrels etc.. live and let live I say..

Edited by RIZRAT

Apparently some have been seen in the wild north of Worksop, Carlton in Lindrick area. So I guessing they are this far north

We have just seen one of these here in Broomhill. Anyone else seen them in Sheffield?

Yeah Ive seen one in my garden in S7 really shocked me at first

Had 3 in my Apple tree a couple of years ago, they are regularly seen in brightside.

I work at Brightside and have never seen any ?