Can a 9yr old help at a dog rescue?

My daughter is 9 years old and loves dogs. She would really like to help out at a rescue of some sort and also wants to give £2 per month of her pocket money. Is there anywhere that she could help at? Obviously I would expect to be there with her so would be in charge of her.

I'd try Thornbury. They're always looking for people to walk dogs. Other than that I know you have to be 16 for most of the rescues because of insurance implications. Good luck :)

I would have thought it'd be a bit risky as sometimes the dogs can be a bit unpredictable; but i'd just ring round a few places and enquire. Be good if she could do it :)

I don't know anywhere that would take someone so young as a volunteer I'm afraid.

thanks for the replies, I guess we'll have to wait a few years!

It's a shame when she love dogs so much! What if you became the walker, as you were intending to go with her anyway-I wonder if she'd be allowed to come with you?

Yes she can but only under supervision as a volunteer. If this is a paid job and not an hobby then permission needs to be obtained, not likely this would be given in this case. As long as she is under the supervision of a resposible adult and safe there is no problem. Also as long as this will not interfere with schooling