Grant for rent and bond

does anyone know if i can get a grant or crisis loan off the dss, to help with costs towards bond and advance rent ?

i have a "notice" where my landlord wants the house back on 5th sept.

i have a house waiting for me with another letting company, but i need financial help towards the costs, i can only raise nearly half of it. i can move as soon as iv paid upfront !

theres no where else i can go , this will be my last resort.....

its either this or wait to be evicted thru courts, i have 3 dependants, we live in barnsley, and the other house is nearer to their comp . its ideal,

i suffer with depression and i couldnt cope with all this court stuff and the homeless dont have any houses available to offer me as yet as my application is pending..........

just wish i could find help. ?

thank you so much......

http://www.nomadsheffield.co.uk/smartmove.html

'smart move' they are on west street sheffield. The DWP (use to be dss) can help but will only loan you money for the bond.

Expert advice is available on there phone number 01142738805

Also have a look at the 'shelter' website.

i have come across a few schemes like this one , it is a good idea, but unfortunatley my new landlord request cash. and so do majority of others, which is a shame because of people struggling like me.

I know how you feel i have been there myself. I managed to do it. If you need cash approach benefits to loan the money to you. I hope your Landlord/lady understands your position and is working with you.

You can apply for a crisis loan but make it quite clear that you have been served a notice and you will end up homeless if you cant get the monies together.

You can only use a crisis loan for rent in advance not for a deposit.

There is no guarantee you be successful but worth a shot.

The other option would possibly be to approach a local credit union, there is one in Sheffield near the markets (I think). They do very low cost loans and that might help towards your deposit/rent in advance.

Good luck!

Also, last resort, not sure if you were to be homeless and nowhere to go if you approached the homeless persons unit at the council they may have a homeless prevention fund or possibly able to make other suggestions. They will also check out the notice to see if valid etc as this may buy you additional time.