Cha Cha's in Sheffield

Originally posted by RobT

Wadsley lane. Sorry to sound thick but where is that and what music do they play Friday nights?

Give us a shout when rock night starts...sounds interesting! :headbang:

its in the hillsborough area, go along penistone road (I think its called that anyway) just before you get to the wednesday ground turn left, turn left again at the lights (50 yards) go to the end and straight through the lights.......carry straight on and its on a bend on the right hand side.

As for what kind of music ,I dont know yet but with the landlord being a biker I would guess at a mixture of chart stuff to keep the regulars happy and some rock.

Sarah, I know about the meet at the CRB, hopefully I will be there but it wont be for long as I have to go set up etc.

Bruno here

Just found this thread :)

Thanks for the kind words Gary...

The Restaurant food is excellent as already mentioned, as for the bar, it is gradually getting better, the problem is where it is, and the decor and accoustics of the room, it is too bright.

We have started to get a few more in who use the restaurant as we have placed posters for people to book thier table from the bar (seems to be working) so they end up buying a drink in there first with the hope if they enjoy the entertainment, they will call back in after thier meal.

I know Karaoke is not everyone cup of tea, however we will play any requests that people ask us for.

I was playing there last Thursday when the sad news of sass was said to me, I did not know the guy, wish i had the chance to have met him, his fans who were in last Thursday were obviously distraught at the news, one guy called pipes sang the last song of the evening dedicated to him, the song was John Lennons - Imagine.

I would like to say Good Luck to the tribute night on Friday 1st July, this particular evening deserves the respect it is intended, respect to a guy who has brought so much pleasure into peoples social life, respect to a guy dedicated to giving a chance to tallented musicians and respect to a guy doing everything he possibilly can to keep rock in the main.

Again unfortunately I never met Sass, but from what I have read on this forum he is a credit to us all.

Gary best of luck in your new venue mate.

As for Cha Cha's we will keep doing our best to get the place busier, and we look forward to meeting some of you off this forum.

Thursday's Hosted by me

Friday's by Martine

Saturdays Rock Night

Hi again,

dont mean to sound stupid but if Fridays is when Martine does her show in Cha Cha's, is it going to be her that does the Tribute to Sass or is she having the night off? can someone please tell me as ive started to follow Martine as i think she does an excellent show an is so funny wghen she rips into the kids that go in there.

The new gig sounds ok Gary, i might even come to see you there, but it will cost you a drink (LOL) :heyhey:

Eric The Man !!!

I'm really wanting to go to Cha Chas to try the buffet but my partner hates Inadian food. Do they do a small selection of English?

PS She can get by on Bhajis, Samosas, naan bread and plain spiced meat (no sauce)

Originally posted by youwhatref

I'm really wanting to go to Cha Chas to try the buffet but my partner hates Inadian food. Do they do a small selection of English?

PS She can get by on Bhajis, Samosas, naan bread and plain spiced meat (no sauce)

Not sure about the plain meat but they have the rest also a salad selection as well.

HI Dj_Shadowman

I went down to Cha Cha's last night to see Bruno but thanx to the large police presence outside for the G8 conference there was only a few in.

But i did hear some very sad news though, Rob the latest Manager there has just left to run the White Bear in Ecclesfield (good luck mate) and they have drafted in a manager from the old Penguin, Shiregreen to run things for a while.

Who will be next to go?

Eric,

I knew that Rob was going but had no idea who was taking over (they should have asked me :D)

Did a quiz at the horse & jockey last night which went down well, with a raffle and a domino version of play your cards right.

This is now going to be permanent as well as the music quiz on Tuesdays and karaoke on Fridays.

Pull up on a bike, walk in wearing leathers and the locals will sit and chat with you - my kind of place :headbang:

Hi Dj_Shadowman

So Glad to hear that all is coming together for you, soon you will be working Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed aswell. Just as if you were in Ibiza (we even have the sun some days.....LOL). I will have to come up to see you there soon, but my loyalties do lye with Martine at the moment as i think she does a great show. And where she goes, i have to go as i love a good laugh and to sing sometimes on the old Karaoke (think im a JUNKIE !!), or is it her great legs that i love. but we will leave it there for now.

Im going to see Martine tonight in Cha Cha's but i hear it was dead last night because of the big police presence last night, hope its not the same tonight.

Keep up the good work mate

Originally posted by Dj_Shadowman

Did a quiz at the horse & jockey last night which went down well,

Hiya Dj_Shadowman....

I'm really pleased about you doing the quiz at the H&J, but what's happened to Bob who used to do it?? Has he been sacked?

Originally posted by BoroughGal

Hiya Dj_Shadowman....

I'm really pleased about you doing the quiz at the H&J, but what's happened to Bob who used to do it?? Has he been sacked?

Oh No! Poor Bob! :o

er......where is cha cha's :(