Cha Cha's in Sheffield

Here is a question for you all.

What do you think of the entertainment in Cha Cha's including Dj's past and present :heyhey: . is the sound quality and performance of all the DJ's acceptable and is it true what the poster in the window is saying, that they now have a DRAG DJ working there on a Friday night?

:thumbsup:

How do you rate the Dj's that have worked there;)

I went on Friday. The food upstairs was excellent and the kareoke downstairs was good fun (although we got down there a bit late). The dj wasn't particulary in drag although I believe her to be a transexual - no big deal...

Thursday nights entertainment is provided by Bruno which is mainly karaoke with a little bit of backing music, IMHO, one of the best KJ's in Sheffield.

The drag DJ is called Martine Le Claire I believe and she is hilarious.

She works on Friday nights and you should go down and see her in action.

Saturday of course is rock night, music provided by Buffy, formerly of the Classic Rock Bar - no intro needed there.

The equipment used by all three is good and has had thousands spent on it to ensure good sound.

As for past DJ'S, theres only me....and you either love me or hate me, the sound wasnt too good at first but this was down to a small amp, which was soon sorted.

The acoustics in the room are a little weird and makes setting up your mikes a problem - although a minor one.

It doesnt help when people keep "borrowing" your mike :D

The only reason I left was to go and work in Ibiza (which fell through at the last minute) and Roger who was the bar manager then asked me to recommend a replacement....I came out with 3 names and guess what - they are all there now :clap:

Has Roger left now then? and who has taken over from him (a hard act to follow)

Does the job falling through in Ibiza mean that you will be returning to do your old slot again or have the other two taken over permenantly:heyhey:

Originally posted by eric_the_man

Has Roger left now then? and who has taken over from him (a hard act to follow)

Does the job falling through in Ibiza mean that you will be returning to do your old slot again or have the other two taken over permenantly:heyhey:

Roger has left all together, not sure who is taking over from him but im sure we will soon find out.

It looks like the others have taken over permanently, which is ok as they are friends of mine, but I would be more than happy to go back every now and again.

Starting a new venue this Friday, the Horse & jockey on Wadsley Lane...its run by a biker :headbang:

I should feel more at home there....:banana:

Originally posted by Classic Rock

Can I Sing? Sarah

Splodge, of course you can...

Thought you were going to say that's debatable!

The voice is gone but I'l mangle some new lyrics in honour of Sass

Splodge

Now would I do that !

So are you thinking of coming on Friday ?

Also talking to the landlord about putting on a rock night on a Wednesday...best thing is, its his idea :D

Would be a good idea as he gets a lot of bikers there on Wednesday evenings.

Originally posted by Dj_Shadowman

Roger has left all together, not sure who is taking over from him but im sure we will soon find out.

It looks like the others have taken over permanently, which is ok as they are friends of mine, but I would be more than happy to go back every now and again.

Starting a new venue this Friday, the Horse & jockey on Wadsley Lane...its run by a biker :headbang:

I should feel more at home there....:banana:

Wadsley lane. Sorry to sound thick but where is that and what music do they play Friday nights?

Give us a shout when rock night starts...sounds interesting! :headbang:

This Friday we're going to the old CRB at 7pm, sit on the front and light a few candles and have a drink to Sass.

splodge