Is Woodthorpe a bad area

Aughton cres.

Some of the families there...good god...

Some of the families there...good god...

There was a few on noder too!

I'd imagine some of them have been round all of Shefield trying to fit in since moving off!

I live on woodthorpe and have done for about 11 years, originally from woodhouse, ive had problems but to be honest, kilvington, holbrook and any road to the intake side of the moon pub is fine - really quite, no gangs of youths, and people tend to take care of their properties too

I live on woodthorpe and have done for about 11 years, originally from woodhouse, ive had problems but to be honest, kilvington, holbrook and any road to the intake side of the moon pub is fine - really quite, no gangs of youths, and people tend to take care of their properties too

i live on ulley road and i love it. my neighbours have lived here 10 years and never had any trouble at all.

good luck with the viewing dnbraver1! hope you like it x

Aughton cres.

thats near the shops tho, i wouldnt live there even if someone paid me too.

There are a few bad "pockets" of people and properties in Woodthorpe and they are round the shopsn but the minority spoil it for the majority as in a lot of areas. As for the Springwood, the landlord who has just left really tried hard to pull it round and he did a good job, keeping all the druggies out, we even started to go in and it was ok. The brewery made it hrd for him to stay so he left. We havent been in since it reopened a few weeks ago because we have been told it has gone down the pan again,dont know if this is true.

Have a walk around Woodthorpe shops.

Preferably listenting listening to duelling banjo's and drinking moonshine, so you can be at one with the the hillbillys .

That's if you dare get out of the car for rear of the huge number of scum / chavs in that area.

Admire while you are there, the number of boarded up houses.

Edited by NanO'Second

I have to say I havent lived at Woodthorpe, but when I drive through it (and the bottom end of Arbourthourne) I lock the doors. I once dropped off an old oven for a young aquaintance at Woodthorpe and it was like something from a film. I admit is was a nice night but every house had people drinking, smoking, shouting and playing loud music outside. Not my idea of a nice place to live

Not all parts of Woodthorpe are like this.

hello everyone i have just been offered an house at the top of nodder road what is it like up there i have 2 young kids and 1 is disabled is it ok for us to move in is it safe for my kids