Aerial engineer wanted locally

hi i live in a village nr eckington and our reception is terrible we do av a digital aerial bt dont think its up to the job properly as we still cant get most digital channels in fact we cant get any other then bbc1,bbc2,itv,channel4,and 5 we av been told we live in a poor reception area so we need a new aerial anybody know of any engineers local to my area (that way they know ow bad the area is for reception) that dont charge over the odds we av ad a few quotes from people who dont know the area and they want to charge extortionate prices thankyou for takin the time to read this ope someone can help. sorted now thanks but did end up gettin ripped off warning to people make sure wat ur quoted is wat u pay we wer told a price e came put the aerial up etc then said e ad to do more and we ended up payin 50 quid more bt at least its sorted now bt i wont be recommending him to anyone just warning people off him

Edited by scoobydooo

TW Communications based in Owlthorpe (0114 2485992) are fairly close to you so should know about the reception situation. I have no experience of them personally though. I've only ever used Slaters who are based in Bradfield and have always been good.

There's a section on the Freeview web page that lets you put in your postcode and it tells you whether you can recieve it or not in your area.

Freesat via a satalite dish or sky can normally pick up most chanels even in a poor freeview reception area.

For freesat you buy a box from a high street shop and pay a one off instalation fee for the dish, no further subscpritions.

HI

My name is james.

I am a local aerial engineer . I could come and visit you ,have a look at the job and give you some free advice and a quote.

It wont cost you anything for me to have a look so dont worry about that.

I have done a lot of work for people on the forum who have sent me a thankyou, you can see them on my page or in the business directry under above all aerials.

Thanks

james

http://www.aboveallaerials.com

Slater Bros of Stannington get my vote every time! Family firm, two lovely lads, phone number is 0114 231 1531

Slater Bros of Stannington get my vote every time! Family firm, two lovely lads, phone number is 0114 231 1531

I am always recommending these on here. They have done several jobs for me over the years. Give them a ring, if they can't get a perfect picture then nobody can!! I am sure they will give you sound advice and give you your options. The business has been going over 30 years I think, so not a "fly by night" and they give you a guarantee.

I can recommend lomas aerials

Lomas Aerials

11 Drury Lane

Coal Aston

Dronfield

Derbyshire

S18 3AP

Tel: 01246 290733

Hi there, i can recommend James at Above All Aerials, hes done a lot of work for forum users as ive seen his name on here a few times with good recommendations.

He did me some work, nice lad, very reasonable price, left my house tidy and i got a guarantee.

If you haven't had any luck with anyone, i would recommend you give him a call, hope you get it sorted :)

My uncle had same problem in eckington, Lambert Aerials - Sean sorted him out 07762 105255 he comes well recommended

I would also recommend James as above, very good level of service, really nice bloke and good price inc guarantee.

Just want to add my recommendation for James. He did some work for us yesterday which we are very pleased with.

No idea how a young man only 4ft 11 has such a head for heights though.

:hihi: