Sign in to follow this  

[SOLD] 20/20 cricket 13-06-05

Guest rosie

If you are missing this game then get onto sky sports, we are whopping the Aussies arses

Guest rosie

24 for 5 wickets in 5 overs. What a way to do it.

Guest rosie

28 for 6 and the Aussie captain went for 0.

England win by 100 runs

Takes alot to beat the ozzies these days

All their best young men and women are over here serving in bars... :)

Seriously, games like this could do a lot to create more popularity for cricket.

Joe

Twenty20 makes good television and definitely gets the crowd in. And when England can play like that, then it's compulsive viewing.

I still don't think the Aussies will be too worried though. It's rush-cricket which is totally the opposite to Test Match cricket where, as Boyks always said, the batsman's job was to 'protect the wicket'.

Thus, hit every ball as hard as you can isn't the purest form of the great game.

Thrilled to bits as I am at England's approach and spirit, I'll happily forgo the Twenty20 knees-up for a chance of regaining the Ashes, the first time since 1987 I believe?

Come on guys, Kylie and Jason weren't even married then....,

that was an excellent game, but i bet when the ashes start it will be a differant story

If you want to see the local equivalent of 20/20 cricket, get to Oakes Park (near the Water Tower) and watch Bents Green play Attock next Monday in the Midweek Alliance League Cup and then on Wednesday in the League.

Can guarantee you superb entertainment from two excellent clubs. Both clubs have Pakistan test players in their ranks. Bents Green also have players from the Australian first class game, and the English minor counties game.

When they played each other in the League earlier in the season, Attock won on the next to last ball in a brilliant game.

Next week promises fireworks. Both games commence at 6.15 pm.

Bents Green provided a bit of shock tonight by beating Attock by five wickets. Brilliant game and a some superb batting by bost sides.

They play each other again on Wednesday night. Be interesting to see the how the two sides line up but expect some big names ......