Newhall Road and Sanderson Street

we left in 69 70 but bob batersby had some older brothers who were at hatfield think Ian was one name .we were in same classes as malc sockett.kenny ball. alec and eric wraith.kevin prior.mick o'niel [blub].gordon tayler [tinker]. ? pashley. geoff edwards.have to get mind in gear for any more. also terry parker spoted his name in another thread.

Did you know the Glasby`s on Newhall Road??

Hi Trace, Give my best wishes to Roy. We were in the same class at Newhall, and for a time I lived on Newhall Road before switching to Paget Street. I met Roy a few years ago at a class reunion, and it was our first meeting for many, many years. I don't think Roy came to the last reunion. It is now some time since we all got together, and, sadly, I doubt if it will happen again. Is Roy on Facebook? Send me a PM. K

Hi Tracie can your dad remember someone from Paget street called spot wilson ? He is my dad.

Hi Sadiebabe, not been on here for a while but just found your post. I knew John from being very young, then as you say you moved to Sicey Ave ( am I right when I say number 81). We moved up to Shiregreen in about 1960. My name is Keith N. Will you give John my best regards when you next speak to him. Thanks Keith.

hi all,

My grandfather is Arthur Glasby. He was married to Joyce Glasby and they split and married my grandmother Sandra Glasby (was williams). My grandmother lived at 147 Newhall Road from 1948-1964. Arthur lived there roughy the same time. They both worked at sandersons. If anyone knows them my grandmother will be more than happy to talk to anyone and recall the good old days.

Hi all

I will be seeing my Dad in October he is coming to stay

with me in Spain for the winter. I will tell him all the news

and get some more names. His sisters were

Audrey, Pat and Carol the youngest. Sadly my

Aunty Pat and Audrey have passed bless them. They were

a very close family! My grandad Ernest had a scrapyard on the

corner of broughton lane. I love my dad's stories of the Adelphi, Globe

and several others. I know he mentioned the Brougtons, Jackson's, someone

called "whippet" I guess he could run :) I will get more info when he's here!

Bye for now Tracey x

---------- Post added 12-07-2015 at 21:16 ----------

Ps heard him mention spot Wilson :)

Hi Tracey, what is your dads name, is his or any of your aunts second name Longley by any chance?

Hi my dad is Roy Jow. He knew Pat and Terry Longley well.

The longelys apparently lived next door to Arthur Glasby

Oh right I bet he knew your grand parents then! I'll ask him! What

school did you go to?

Me? I went to Myrtle Springs School, it's not there now. How about you?

hi all,

My grandfather is Arthur Glasby. He was married to Joyce Glasby and they split and married my grandmother Sandra Glasby (was williams). My grandmother lived at 147 Newhall Road from 1948-1964. Arthur lived there roughy the same time. They both worked at sandersons. If anyone knows them my grandmother will be more than happy to talk to anyone and recall the good old days.

The Glasby family are my relatives, who have you forgot to mention?

Anyone remember the Twelvetrees family ? They lived at 6 Sanderson Street.

Also my aunty and uncle owned the Junction Inn ( corner of Newhall Rd and Brightside Lane) in the 60s.