Newhall Road and Sanderson Street

Hi all

I am Roy Jow's daughter he lived on Newhall road not sure what number though. He had three sisters Audrey, Pat and Carol the youngest. Sadly there is only my dad and Aunty Carol now. He always speaks about the good old days and how friendly everyone were. My grandad Ernest had a scrapyard at the bottom of Broughton Lane.

If any questions I'm sure my dad would love to hear from anyone.

Hi all

I am Roy Jow's daughter he lived on Newhall road not sure what number though. He had three sisters Audrey, Pat and Carol the youngest. Sadly there is only my dad and Aunty Carol now. He always speaks about the good old days and how friendly everyone were. My grandad Ernest had a scrapyard at the bottom of Broughton Lane.

If any questions I'm sure my dad would love to hear from anyone.

Hi Trace, Give my best wishes to Roy. We were in the same class at Newhall, and for a time I lived on Newhall Road before switching to Paget Street. I met Roy a few years ago at a class reunion, and it was our first meeting for many, many years. I don't think Roy came to the last reunion. It is now some time since we all got together, and, sadly, I doubt if it will happen again. Is Roy on Facebook? Send me a PM. K

Hi K

I can not PM you has I have to have five post on the forum, before I can PM not been on for ages! Could you email me again please, and give me your private email, sure dad would be thrilled to hear from you. He does not use the PC bless him, hence why I am searching. Look forward to hearing from you Trace. We could always meet you for a cuppa one time in town.

Can't put my e-mail address on here, but no doubt you will soon complete enough messages to qualify to send PMs. I shall look forward to that, but, meanwhile, tell Roy to take care, and start humming "We are the Newhall boys..."!

My dad Roy Jow has mentioned the Longley's Pat was one I think?

My dad Roy Jow has mentioned the Longley's Pat was one I think?

there is pat, terry. rita, pete, jackie longley they lived at 14 newhall road and remember the jows:)

I lived around the corner of newall rd i was born in don place in 1953

---------

Would that be bottom end of newhall rd, there was a pub call brickmakers

arms i think thats what they called it and a pub on corner. :help:

yes it was the brickmakers pub alfred road corner on to newhall road. at the traffic lights was the junction pub where newhall road crossed brightside lane

yes it was the brickmakers pub alfred road corner on to newhall road. at the traffic lights was the junction pub where newhall road crossed brightside lane

----------

hi ya, what did they call that pub on the corner.

from traffic lights, at the lights Junction hotel, next up was Bricklayers arms

next corner the Vine, next one the forge. these four pubs on newhall road between brightside lane and the river don bridge.there was others over the other side of the bridge towards top of newhall road

going back to brickmakers on the opposite side a corner shop newhall road /alfred road ben goodwin was shopkeeper ,still on alfred road but saville street end the midland hotel was built around 1960 corner of woodbine road

from traffic lights, at the lights Junction hotel, next up was Bricklayers arms

next corner the Vine, next one the forge. these four pubs on newhall road between brightside lane and the river don bridge.there was others over the other side of the bridge towards top of newhall road

going back to brickmakers on the opposite side a corner shop newhall road /alfred road ben goodwin was shopkeeper ,still on alfred road but saville street end the midland hotel was built around 1960 corner of woodbine road

-------------

HI alemap, i think i went in forge once but i did other you mentioned,

bricklaters arms was great beer,

me and mate came from grimesthorpe and we would have a pub crawl

midlands wern't a bad pub to, not sure what its used for now its close. :huh: