Whats the difference between hoodies, balaclavas & burkhas?

Indeed, but we don't have any about clothing and there is no good argument that we should.

Laws should exist to protect other peoples rights, so a law against assault that's good. A law that takes away your freedom to live your life when you weren't harming anyone else, that's bad.

Do you not ever wonder why people don't walk the streets naked ? would you not be arrested if you did even if you protested that you have a right to your freedom to do so ?

Laws are made for the common good, if that means what a minority are doing is suppressed then thats how it works. I know its not ideal but thats how it has to be.

You would. The laws on decency are outdated and need seriously revising.

Can you answer the question about how you solve repression by repressing someone or is that too difficult?

I notice that despite me answering your question you didn't bother to answer mine.

Please re read my post I think you will find I did.

dont try the "you wont answer , therfore your wrong" routine.

And I doubt very much that she would not wear it if her husband/family and culture said she was obligated to wear it.

Do you not ever wonder why people don't walk the streets naked ? would you not be arrested if you did even if you protested that you have a right to your freedom to do so ?

Laws are made for the common good, if that means what a minority are doing is suppressed then thats how it works. I know its not ideal but thats how it has to be.

Not neccesarily.....to believe that that is always the case is hopelessly naive.

You would. The laws on decency are outdated and need seriously revising.

And I put it to you that the laws reduarding Burkas is outdated and needs revising.

Do you not see that this isnt an us against them argument, there are reasons for this law warrenting a change. France will probably lead the way on this because I here its more a problem in that country but it doesnt alter the fact that it will need addressing here also sooner or later.

Not neccesarily.....to believe that that is always the case is hopelessly naive.

Probably not the best choice of words but one that could be argued.

And I put it to you that the laws reduarding Burkas is outdated and needs revising.

And I put it to you that there aren't any laws about Burkas currently so that sentence is a nonsense.

Do you not see that this isnt an us against them argument, there are reasons for this law warrenting a change. France will probably lead the way on this because I here its more a problem in that country but it doesnt alter the fact that it will need addressing here also sooner or later.

What reasons do you think there are for banning this item of clothing?

Have you just come in and not read any of the previous posts ?

I have said the reasons in them, please forgive me for not wanting to go over old ground because it burns my head out.

Ill pop back on tomorrow and answer any questions you like but for now its bed for me ;)

Good Night, ;)

It looks wrong in the UK and is a statement of anti-British hostility by the enemy in our midst.

That should be enough.

It looks wrong in the UK and is a statement of anti-British hostility by the enemy in our midst.

That should be enough.

It looks wrong? What kind of pathetic reason is that?

It's no more an expression of anti British hostility than you wearing a hat.

Edited by Halibut

It looks wrong? What kind of pathetic reason is that?

It's no more an expression of anti British hostility than you wearing a het.

i ask this question .

why are you required to remove a crash helmet before entering a bank but the burka is given special treatment ?

and dont give me the old "religious head dress " excuse . its conseals identity ,and therefore comes under the same reason for having to remove the crash helmet .

i ask this question .

why are you required to remove a crash helmet before entering a bank but the burka is given special treatment ?

and dont give me the old "religious head dress " excuse . its conseals identity ,and therefore comes under the same reason for having to remove the crash helmet .

Should we ban crash helmets?