Whats the difference between hoodies, balaclavas & burkhas?

Since you mention personal, I'd add I probably have more in common with you than any Taliban alive but it's not my fault you can't accept that.
When have I said we have nothing in common, or refused to accept such?

I do accept many differences between people on a socio economic basis than on skin colour.
Which is my view. though religious and social heritage is I believe a greater barrier between cultures than socio-economic issues.

Many of our problems are shared and by working together so much more can be achieved than this constant bickering we have on here.
Agreed.

It's when people tell me what I'm thinking and what I'm like because they have decided what my station is in life that trouble starts.
Which seems to mean that you react badly - you do seem to go aggressively defensive rather easily.

A subtle distinction, but you're correct, you blamed immigrants, for littering as well which is a bit rich. I've seen an awful lot of native British people apparently too lazy to walk a few metres to the nearest bin.
Of course there are plenty of slovenly native British people - I'd love to apply the birch to half of the etsablished populace within our sprawling council estates. However, if we are honest on the subject, we all know that immigrants from filthy developing countries apply those same low standards when they get here and are quite happy to live in filth.

It might surprise you that the Burkha is not an immigrant community problem at all, they are quite happy to dress as they like.

It's a problem in your head, and the heads of a few other people who don't really understand what freedom means.

No, it is a problem to my country's culture.

If immigrants don't want to comply with our way of life, they are welcome to go back to a place they can happily go about life in a non-British way.

I don't personally know many immigrants, and the impression I get from your posts is that you don't either. But the few that I do know are well educated and treat the environment with the same respect that I do. Maybe you're just a little prejudiced.

No it isn't. It's a problem in your head. The vast majority of people expect the freedom to wear what they like and realise that this doesn't only apply to themselves.

Our way of life is to enjoy civil liberties that (until recently) were amongst the best in the world. That means the freedom to dress, worship, speak and within the law do as you like. You are attempting to attack the very nature of British culture in order to restrict peoples behaviour to that which you find acceptable. That is a form of fascism and something that we should resist at all costs.

I don't personally know many immigrants, and the impression I get from your posts is that you don't either. But the few that I do know are well educated and treat the environment with the same respect that I do. Maybe you're just a little prejudiced.
When did you last drive through a flithy immigrant-populated area of a British city? Or do you choose not to admit what you saw?

No it isn't. It's a problem in your head. The vast majority of people expect the freedom to wear what they like and realise that this doesn't only apply to themselves.
Just in my head, and the heads of millions who feel outrage at the liberties taken by Muslims who claim discrimination through tribunals when they insist on wearng their primitive garb to the detriment of their employers' businesses.

Our way of life is to enjoy civil liberties that (until recently) were amongst the best in the world. That means the freedom to dress, worship, speak and within the law do as you like. You are attempting to attack the very nature of British culture in order to restrict peoples behaviour to that which you find acceptable. That is a form of fascism and something that we should resist at all costs.
No, I wish to see British culture preserved rather than drowned out by the hordes of immigrants who are polluting it in unprecedented numbers.

The whole point of your moral high ground is that in the UK people have the freedom to dress as they wish and worship as they wish.

Exactly. and the very reason why we need to be discussing this topic and getting it addressed nationaly.

The burka has no place in our sociaty in my opinion and has more negatives than possitives for the people of Britain. If they wear them in other countries then its because its their culture to do so but while ever we are under thrett of terrorism from tho's cultures then it should be our right to discuss and amend our laws acordingly for our own security and secondly on moral grounds as its seen by most as a suppression of the rights of women that were fearcely fought for in this country.

When did you last drive through a flithy immigrant-populated area of a British city? Or do you choose not to admit what you saw?

I don't have my eyes coloured by prejudice. Unlike you I can't identify an immigrant by looks, it's funny but born and bred British people may also be Muslim and wear a burkha.

Just in my head, and the heads of millions who feel outrage at the liberties taken by Muslims who claim discrimination through tribunals when they insist on wearng their primitive garb to the detriment of their employers' businesses.

A few hundred thousand who along with you do not understand what British culture is.

No, I wish to see British culture preserved rather than drowned out by the hordes of immigrants who are polluting it in unprecedented numbers.

You don't understand that we have fought for the rights we have, the right to wear what we like being a trivial example that you would happily throw away in your xenophobia.

A subtle distinction, but you're correct, you blamed immigrants, for littering as well which is a bit rich. I've seen an awful lot of native British people apparently too lazy to walk a few metres to the nearest bin.

It might surprise you that the Burkha is not an immigrant community problem at all, they are quite happy to dress as they like.

It's a problem in your head, and the heads of a few other people who don't really understand what freedom means.

I totaly agree with all the top bit of the quote and its a pitty that some ignorant people come out with garbage about immigrants being litterers ect :D

But the bit highlighted, Freedon is the right to choose and its peoples rights to discuss. I think people have a right to discuss something in the law they don't agree with, something that they feel needs addressing and amending.

Our laws when writen were not in stone and did not take into account that in years to come other peoples would live here with there own culture that has some conflics with our own. Laws were writen by tho's living here and no one could fore see that we would have the problems we do now with terrorism and with women having the rights that they do now. I doubt very much the Burka was invented for the freedoms of the woman even tho its claimed they are happy to wear them. I think years of brain washing and suppression would make you think you wanted to do anything asked but what would the alternative be for a woman not wanting to wear it ? can you answer that ?

I bet women in this country if asked about having a vote would have said they were happy to let the man do the electing before the womens revolutions in this country.

Edited by hard2miss

Exactly. and the very reason why we need to be discussing this topic and getting it addressed nationaly.

What's to address. We all share the right to dress as we like. Civil liberties are something we hold dear. Anyone stupid enough to throw them away for fear of someone dressing differently, well, maybe you should read the thread about the bride in a black dress being attacked.

The burka has no place in our sociaty in my opinion and has more negatives than possitives for the people of Britain. If they wear them in other countries then its because its their culture to do so but while ever we are under thrett of terrorism from tho's cultures then it should be our right to discuss and amend our laws acordingly for our own security and secondly on moral grounds as its seen by most as a suppression of the rights of women that were fearcely fought for in this country.

The whole point of freedom is that your opinion on other peoples clothing is completely irrelevant, and so is mine. You, me and everyone else is free to do as they wish.

There is no security threat from the burka, no more so than there is from a rucksack and winter coat (which apparently is enough to have the metropolitan police murder you in a tube carriage).

One of the great US presidents made a (now) famous speech about the giving up of civil liberties for the illusion of safety, you should google it, it's very relevant..

The argument that we should stop the suppression of women by telling them how they must dress is so ridiculous that I barely need to draw attention to it. (I do, because you apparently missed the irony in what you suggest).

I totaly agree with all the top bit of the quote and its a pitty that some ignorant people come out with garbage about immigrants being litterers ect :D

But the bit highlighted, Freedon is the right to choose and its peoples rights to discuss. I think people have a right to discuss something in the law they don't agree with, something that they feel needs addressing and amending.

Our laws when writen were not in stone and did not take into account that in years to come other peoples would live here with there own culture that has some conflics with our own. Laws were writen by tho's living here and no one could fore see that we would have the problems we do now with terrorism and with women having the rights that they do now. I doubt very much the Burka was invented for the freedoms of the woman even tho its claimed they are happy to wear them. I think years of brain washing and suppression would make you think you wanted to do anything asked but what would the alternative be for a woman not wanting to wear it ? can you answer that ?

Certainly. She would not wear it.

Can you answer in turn, how you can stop suppression by dictating to someone what they must not wear?

Certainly. She would not wear it.

Can you answer in turn, how you can stop suppression by dictating to someone what they must not wear?

We dictate to our citizans all the time, they are called laws.

If wearing a burka is in conflict with national security or are a symbol of womens suppression then we should make it law to have it banned.

And I doubt very much that she would not wear it if her husband/family and culture said she was obligated to wear it.

Indeed, but we don't have any about clothing and there is no good argument that we should.

Laws should exist to protect other peoples rights, so a law against assault that's good. A law that takes away your freedom to live your life when you weren't harming anyone else, that's bad.

The burka is neither a security risk, nor can you solve a symbol of oppression by enacting more oppressive laws in response to it.

You argue that women are forced by family to wear it, but see no irony in the state dictating that they must not wear it. Who's easier to disobey, a husband that you can leave, or the laws of the country you live in?

If we do it though, I'd suggest that we pick a favourite item of your clothing and ban it as well, maybe you'll see things differently if it's your freedom being taken away.

I notice that despite me answering your question you didn't bother to answer mine.