? what you can take to the tip!

Does anyone know for sure if I can take a smallish sofa bed to the tip at Blackstock Road (or as I should now say household recycling centre!!). I've never taken anything that big before and I don't think I've ever seen another sofa there, so I don't know if they're allowed. It's not that big, about 5 feet long - I can pick it up! In the past I've used the Council's collection service for big 3 piece suites but feel it would be a waste of money when you pay for 10 items and I only have the 1. The sofa's been used as a dog bed for years, so recycling it is not an option. Thanks.

Give them a ring and check, but if you go if a large vechile you have to book in first as they think you might be trade.

Yes. You can take a sofa.

Just remember that you will have to lift it over the sides of the skip which is a good 4ft up.

Thanks - I might have a go at it with my sledgehammer to reduce its size! I could get it over the edge of the skip but I'd have problems climbing up the steps to get up there. Are the guys who work there allowed to help the public put stuff in the skips or do they have to stand and watch you struggle because of some health and safety at work rule?