Were you born in Sheffield

Were you born in Sheffield  

897 members have voted

1. 1. Were you born in Sheffield

• YES
    • NO

Also born at Nether Edge Hospital, christened at St James' Norton, raised in Hillsborough.

Born at home which was Neepsend at the time 59 years ago .

Born at home, Newhall Road, Attercliffe.....went to Maltby St School......done ok.
So was I, born on Stamford Street, the Brightside part of Attercliffe way back when. Many years in the Royal Navy, then Canada, and USA for over 50 years. I did OK too.:)

So was I, born on Stamford Street, the Brightside part of Attercliffe way back when. Many years in the Royal Navy, then Canada, and USA for over 50 years. I did OK too.:)

Good on you. Do you venture back often, what do you think of it now and do you miss it?

Born in Palmerston North New Zealand came back to my ancestral home 45 years ago aged 15...

buck, I got a link on another thread by Hillsbro, you might like this. Using the slider on the bottom left, you can see old and new...

Click here

It looks like it's not named now OR then! Somewhere between Fleet Street and Paget Street?

Born at home, Newhall Road, Attercliffe.....went to Maltby St School......done ok.

I was looking for this too... click here

Born at my Gran's house couple of hundred yards from the pit head in Rossington (Rosso) :cool: a quaint mining village near Doncaster (Donny).

Lived in Sheffield for the last 45 years.

Aim to retire to France or Spain in about 5 years.

Born in Meersbrook Park Rd.

Went to Madagascar at age 1.

Returned to Sheffield 1945 at age 9.

King Ted's and Sheffield University.

Worked 7 years for NHS.

Emigrated to Australia 1967, and worked there ever since.

Whilst you was being born I was getting married on that day at St. James Church Norton.

Big day for both of us then. :hihi:

Big day for both of us then. :hihi:

Yes billo, all the best things happened on that day!

Born to loving parents in a 2-up 2-down terrace house off Abbeydale Rd in 1937 and remember the happy days we had.

born on foxhill estate in 1941.lived in Sheffield ever since,so many good memories of my childhood.