Were you born in Sheffield

Were you born in Sheffield  

897 members have voted

1. 1. Were you born in Sheffield

• YES
    • NO

One of the first ' Baby Boomers' - born just off Abbey Lane as the WWII guns were falling silent. Raised in Sheffield as a Blade - both parents were keen supporters & Dad was Treasurer of the Supporters Club in the 1950's. Employment and marriage took me away in the early 70's but my heart has always remained in the 'Steel City'. Research as far back as 1800 confirms that all my ancestors came from Sheffield. Regularly visit the old place and have noticed many changes over the years. One day I'm sure I'll return for good.

yes in 1969 been here ever since and never lived anywhere else, would love to get away at the first opportunity as its turning into a dump :|

Born in Preston and moved here last September due to uni. However my girlfriend, who I met in Preston, was born in Sheffield then moved to Preston so shes got family over here, so its turned out well!

Army baby born in barracks , moved to Sheffield at 4 years old, count myself as a Sheffielder through and through

Done the ancestory thing over the last couple of years looking for a rich relative. Didn't find one but did find out I live within two miles of my direct line ancestor's going back to 1803. They were all born in SHeffield as I was so we have been here 207 years at least!:wow: Can anyone out there beat that?

I was born in Sheffield & lived on Chesterfield Road at Woodseats 2 locations one before I was married & one later after marraige(moved away & moved back), I class Woodseats as one of the places that I stayed the longest.

But that was quite a few years ago

Born in Horsforth, raised and grew up in Pudsey (both outliers of Leeds).

I was born in Doncaster, moved to Sheffield in 2002. I'm still South Yorkshire born and bred!

I was born and bred in Essex, moved to Sheffield only last September, but would like to say I love it here. I moved up here for work and dont see myself ever going back.. Its so different up here. Very true what they say - Northerners are nicer! (Bar a few exceptions!)

L x

I was born and bred in Essex, moved to Sheffield only last September, but would like to say I love it here. I moved up here for work and dont see myself ever going back.. Its so different up here. Very true what they say - Northerners are nicer! (Bar a few exceptions!)

L x

I went the opposite way and went to live in Essex (in Chelmsford and Colchester) for a few years before moving back.

And oddly enough I find folk in Essex much friendlier!

I went the opposite way and went to live in Essex (in Chelmsford and Colchester) for a few years before moving back.

And oddly enough I find folk in Essex much friendlier!

Maybe they are in Chelmsford & Colchester - can't say I really spent much time there, but I was born and bred in Thurrock, about 20 minutes from London, where nowadays people are scared to even make eye contact with strangers, let alond make friends!! I like the fact that the staff in the corner shops and pizza shops will take time to chat with me in Sheffield, rather than rush through whatever service they're providing to get to the next customers cash!! I find Sheffield life a lot more laid back!