Who is highest ranking taekwondo person in south yorkshire

I think however South Yorkshire Taekwondo as a whole owes a lot to GM Tony Quigley 7th dan who set up the first Taekwondo schools in Doncaster in 1968. If you trace most of the current Taekwondo masters lineage it will link back to him.

http://www.oxmartialarts.talktalk.net/Master%20Tony%20Quigley.pdf

See the article from a seventies Karate and Oriental Arts magazine.

Now there is a man who knows his onions.

Grandmaster Malcolm Siddall is an 8th Dan from the MST Academy

There is one that does not. I recall him talking his black belt (In front of Tony Quigley) a while after I had passed mine. Failed totally. One of the most pathetic efforts at a grading I've ever seen.

He's about as much an 8th dan as a fiat uno is a sports car.

RE: Malcome Siddall being an 8th dan, let me see,

1st Dan in 1990, then now hes an 8th Dan 19 years later. Does that mean that you could be an 8th Dan yourself Paul? Or is Master Malcolm Siddall one of those super invincible ninja master types that can reduce concrete to dust and take on 20 people all the same time while making Bruce Lee , Jackie Chan and Amitabh Bachchan look like ordinary people?

Did you see his first black belt attempt. The silly sod sounded like a steam train running backwards, could not break his way out of a wet paper bag and the patterns looked like the dance of the sugerplum fairy while on serious alcoholic drinks.

Lets see, Master Quigley (worth respect by the barrow load) 7th dan after all these years.

Siddall, 8th dan by now. Yes ....oh look, a camel with a pink elephant on it's back just went by.

1st to 2nd Dan $ 90 1 year 16 years and above 15 years and above

2nd to 3rd Dan $ 120 2 years 18 years and above 15 years and above

3rd to 4th Dan $ 150 3 years 21 years and above 18 years and above

4th to 5th Dan $ 300 4 years 25 years and above 22 years and above

5th to 6th Dan $ 350 5 years 30 years and above 30 years and above

6th to 7th Dan $ 450 6 years 36 years and above 36 years and above

7th to 8th Dan $ ? 8 years 44 years and above 44 years and above

8th to 9th Dan $ ? 9 years 53 years and above 53 years and above

9th to 10th Dan $ ? N A 60 years and above 60 years and above

Kukkiwon guidelines.

1st to 2nd Dan $ 90 1 year 16 years and above 15 years and above

2nd to 3rd Dan $ 120 2 years 18 years and above 15 years and above

3rd to 4th Dan $ 150 3 years 21 years and above 18 years and above

4th to 5th Dan $ 300 4 years 25 years and above 22 years and above

5th to 6th Dan $ 350 5 years 30 years and above 30 years and above

6th to 7th Dan $ 450 6 years 36 years and above 36 years and above

7th to 8th Dan $ ? 8 years 44 years and above 44 years and above

8th to 9th Dan $ ? 9 years 53 years and above 53 years and above

9th to 10th Dan $ ? N A 60 years and above 60 years and above

Kukkiwon guidelines.

Bascially that means that from 1st dan to 8th dan there must be about 29 years unles i got my maths wrong and Malcom Siddall did it in 19 years :o

So there are two options :

1. He is a super gifted TKD Ninja

2.He is in there with the Kukkiwon?

3. He got it from some other association somehow :confused:

Did you see his first black belt attempt. The silly sod sounded like a steam train running backwards, could not break his way out of a wet paper bag and the patterns looked like the dance of the sugerplum fairy while on serious alcoholic drinks.

Lets see, Master Quigley (worth respect by the barrow load) 7th dan after all these years.

Siddall, 8th dan by now. Yes ....oh look, a camel with a pink elephant on it's back just went by.

Ahem sorry to burst your bubble upinwath but camels arent strong enough to carry elephants. Also elephants come in grey, white and blue but i have never seen a pink one.

Now there is a man who knows his onions.

There is one that does not. I recall him talking his black belt (In front of Tony Quigley) a while after I had passed mine. Failed totally. One of the most pathetic efforts at a grading I've ever seen.

He's about as much an 8th dan as a fiat uno is a sports car.

Are you trying to suggest that the great master siddall is not a very good martial artist? :help:

I think it is Richard Morton.

Richard Morton what association is he with ? Its GM Frederick Lee 9th dan who is the highest grade in South Yorkshire ITF/TAGB/WTF Included.

are there any good training places in south yorkshire/sheffield?

Loads too many to mention

But heres a few

Pilsung Taekwondo Sheffield Andy Hill 6th dan trained fighters who have fought at World and European championships.

Scorpion Taekwondo Doncaster Peter Adamsons 4th dan olympic coach 1992 coach of the most successful sport taekwondo club in the UK with world champion and olympian Aaron Cook training there.

All Stars Gary Sykes Doncaster 6th dan olympic coach 2000 trainer of former world champion and 2008 Olympic Bronze medallist Sarah Stevenson.

Ultimate Taekwondo Doncaster Kathy Hook 6th dan former world championship medallist has a good team of fighters and technical team.

There are many other good clubs in the area depending on what you want out of Taekwondo, the ones above are all with the NGB the BTCB and train up to elite class.

There are other independant clubs in BTA, AMA, UKTDC etc who offer quality Taekwondo.

We'll I've never heard of this Dan fellow, but my mate Richard Morton assures me he can kick his ass.

Like most martial arts Taekwondo as got its share of fakers. Many of the old masters mentioned don’t train much anymore but Taekwondo still owes them a debt of gratitude for the work they did.

Master Simon Green is not one of the highest but he does have the pedigree which is more important when you consider the cheats around.

He holds 5th Dan under Grand Master Kim Yong Ho 9th dan. Master Kim was the 61st Black Belt a student of Uhm Woon Kyu who you should know if you are involved with Taekwondo.

Master Green along with his instructor Master Maskrey are both heavily involved with Taekwondo under the mudo Academy which is Taekwondo in its pure form. (None of the commercial Taekwondo practiced by these cheats)The Mudo Academy is part of the NGB and both these instructors sit on the NGB meetings.

And they like to have a laugh...