Does anyone remember 'Billy Bean'

Please put me out of my misery, I can remember all the old t.v. programmes like Wombles, Woodentops, Rag Tag and Bobtail, Along the River Bank etc. etc. but can anyone remember one from my early childhood, same era as Sooty and Sweep etc.

It had a song which went:

Billy Bean, built a machine,

to see what it would do.

He built it out of sticks and stones

and nuts and bolts and glue.

None of my Sheffield mates can remember it... please say it isnt a figment of my imagination.... perhaps some fifty-somethings can remember it too

I don't remember it (haven't hit 35 yet! :hihi: ), but I did find this. So I don't think you're imagining it ;)

I remember that one also..What about "Yoohoo the Cuckoo " who lived in the machine..and do you Remember "Puck of Pooks Hill" another old childrens show.

Yippee!!! thank you sooooooooooo much. Wait til I show my friends. Yes!!! result!!!

That was Michael Bentine from the Goon Squad. He had a flea circus also :-)

Please put me out of my misery, I can remember all the old t.v. programmes like Wombles, Woodentops, Rag Tag and Bobtail, Along the River Bank etc. etc. but can anyone remember one from my early childhood, same era as Sooty and Sweep etc.

It had a song which went:

Billy Bean, built a machine,

to see what it would do.

He built it out of sticks and stones

and nuts and bolts and glue.

None of my Sheffield mates can remember it... please say it isnt a figment of my imagination.... perhaps some fifty-somethings can remember it too

Yes Rob I remember it well, particularly the tune which accompanied the words. It was part of that foundation stage of TV broadcasting for children, along with Andy Pandy and Muffin the Mule, which we now nostalgically reflect on. In their day those 12 inch black & white sets were even more magical than the wall filling flat screens sold currently!

Yes I remember Billy Bean. Have a look at this great website - 'Whirligig' (click on Children's TV) http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/ - and you will find Billy Bean.

I also remember Billy Bean. Whenever I have spoken about him, everyone thinks I'm stupid. Brilliant little character--wish it was on tele now!

i rember billy bean and his amazing machine about 1952

muffin the mule........................................................

torche touche the battery boy think 1960

hi sutman the avatar a s.u.t coach ?? sheffield united tours

hi sutman the avatar a s.u.t coach ?? sheffield united tours

Yes you are quite right it is an SUT coach, OWA 377E to be exact.